We're inspired by what's possible. At Meta, we're designing technologies that help people connect, find communities and grow businesses. And we are committed to designing and building these Meta technologies-Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, WhatsApp, Workplace, Meta Quest, and more-to serve billions of people around the world.Design Program Managers at Meta are passionate connectors and problem solvers. By supporting the various aspects of the product teams, you will enable teams to focus their time on designing, building and shipping products. You will improve team communication, collaboration and remove roadblocks. Finally, you'll utilize a full range of organizational and interpersonal skills to help keep our teams on track, execute specific design initiatives intended to grow team culture, industry expertise and team impact, and you'll have an opportunity to work with cross-functional teams as you establish great ways of working together.
Design Program Manager Responsibilities:
- Identify and drive large, organization-level product initiatives forward that have multiple stakeholders, competing deadlines, multiple dependencies and many moving parts.
- Able to prioritize, assess tradeoffs, propose clear solutions and communicate strategically.
- Identify, define and manage multi-team strategic initiatives that drive efficiency and impact. Often contributing best practices to discipline.
- Own and facilitate meetings to drive progress against goals and objectives, and establish clear next steps and owners while resolving blocks that impede progress.
- Proactively assess risk, raise flags, and resolve issues before they become problems for the larger teams.
- Sought out as the operations expert to the product team and trusted leader across the company. Mentors and shares expertise with team members.
- Uses persuasive communication to the right audience to get buy-in and feedback. Proactive in problem solving and effective information distribution.
- Define and measure impact of programs and initiatives both qualitatively and quantitatively. Continually refines and iterates to ensure usage and adoption.
- Scales programs and initiatives when necessary. Delegates effectively with clear expectations.
- Source and manage operational budgets, vendor relationships and contracts.
- Experience handling complexity and navigating ambiguity with teams on large-scale 0 to 1 projects from concept to execution
- 6+ years of experience working with product teams or programs (or other equivalent fields) from roadmapping through delivery
- Experience working directly with product designers, UX researchers, and content strategists
- Track record of operating independently and without oversight
- Experience leading product or business strategy in a fast-paced environment
- Experience managing vendors and contractors
- Experience using data to identify problems and communicate solutions
- Leverage cross-functional relationships to drive team-wide touchpoints and leadership processes, including internal meetings and communications
- Act as a culture carrier and support the team culture based on evolving needs
This job has expired.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, reproductive health decisions, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. You may view our Equal Employment Opportunity notice here
. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. We may use your information to maintain the safety and security of Meta, its employees, and others as required or permitted by law. You may view Meta's Pay Transparency Policy
, Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
notice, and Notice to Applicants for Employment and Employees
by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Meta participates in the E-Verify program
in certain locations, as required by law