As an intermediate care facility (ICF), and as a long-term care facility, BSDC will benefit greatly by having this position dedicated to maintaining employee schedules. This position will operate in a 24-7 interdependent work systems, matching employees rising personal scheduling demands with the regulated staffing ratios for direct-care coverage. Effective scheduling practices are essential for meeting, legal, cost and quality standards in health care.
What we can offer you:
• Stable Employment Opportunity
• Career Development and Learning
• Tuition Reimbursement
• 156% match of first 4.8% contribution to Retirement Plan
• 13 Paid Holidays
• Generous Leave Accruals and Benefits
• Opportunity to be part of a caring organization
• Flexible Schedules
The State of Nebraska values our teammates as well as a supportive environment that strives to promote diversity, inclusion, and belonging. We recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job classifications and at all levels without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or genetics.
You have the passion, we have the opportunities - let's make a difference for Nebraskans!
Examples of Work
As an Administrative Technician DHHS Scheduling Coordinator you will function as a scheduling coordinator for all shifts of the direct care staff at BSDC.
• Creating daily and biweekly schedules for the homes using software
• Finding teammates willing to fill in for vacancies and absences to bring homes up to staffing levels
• Acting on teammates leave requests
• Updating KRONOS
• Track and maintain Family Medical Leave use
• Scheduling employees to attend trainings
• Initiating and Completing Coordinating vacation posting processes per labor contract
• Maintaining daily mandatory overtime lists for each shift
• Preparing daily staffing sheets for program supervisors Health care and long term care have a critical need for scheduler positions.
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: Coursework/training or experience related to research, presentation, or publication in an area related to the programs or functions of the employing agency; business administration; accounting; customer service; and/ or technical support work, including use of computer software such as word processing, spreadsheets, and database management.
PREFERRED: Experience with Telestaff, Kronos or experience with other payroll and scheduling software. Experience working with word processing, Excel spreadsheets and database management.
OTHER: Valid Driver's License.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Knowledge of: program-administrative policies and guidelines of the employing agency; administrative and office processes and procedures and associated computer applications such as Kronos, Telestaff, Excel, word processing, file management, record keeping, and database management; customer service processes and principle; specialized processes
Skill in: teamwork, collaborating, problem solving, effective and professional communication with teammates, active listening; asking questions; understanding instructions; using Kronos, using Telestaff, using word processing; using Excel to create spreadsheets, charts, graphs, and reports; time management, creating schedules, prioritizing; monitoring and assessing program performance; applying critical thinking techniques.
Ability to: formulate and recommend alternative courses of action, communicate effectively and professionally and able to exchange information and ideals with others; interpret and apply policies, procedures, and regulations; create charts, graphs, and/or reports using word processing and other computer applications; summarize technical data and results
*By registering with our site, you agree to our