The Diagnostics Category Manager is responsible for the operational performance, and strategic value delivery of their portfolio, across GES.
The role is focused on meeting the commercial ambitions of the DX organization, which are split between International and US market facing teams. There is a need to develop a multi-year category plan to create a robust supply chain, which can support these revenue growth aspirations, and deliver YoY cost savings.
The primary responsibility for this person will be the implementation of the DX Commercial strategy plan "DX 2025" across GES. DX 2025 is the ZET sponsored strategy to achieve $1BN annual revenues by 2025, from DX. This person will collaborate closely with the senior leadership across Commercial, Business Development and Product Management to develop and execute, the multiyear strategies.
The role is responsible for ensuring world class supply performance and service levels for their external network. They should oversee the total supplier relationship management approach within their team, and ensure appropriate interaction as required for business performance. They will also ensure multi-year business continuity plans (BCPs) are in place for the key suppliers and critical products, to support the revenue growth targets of the business. This includes active risk management of the project portfolio, financial delivery, and capacity / resource prioritization.
Another requirement of the role is for GES to become a trusted partner for the Business Development and Commercial teams, to be involved in negotiating BD deals early in the process, to support product launches and integration of new contract manufacturing organizations into this business. Key projects in this space are the Vetscan Imagyst and Molecular, Lateral Flow / Rapid Test, Chemistry, Hematology platforms, over the coming five years.
- Supply performance of the regional external network focused on the United States region
- Financial performance of the regional external network from budget to annual productivity targets
- Management of all aspects of the external contract manufacturing network
- Management of a cross functional regional direct and matrix team to support supply requirements
- Quality and EHS compliance of the regional external network
- Relationship ownership of all regional contract manufacturing organizations
- Key contributor to make / buy decisions for DX products within the org.
- Sharing best practices across the regions regarding cost saving models, negotiations, BCPs
- Development of diagnostics skillsets within support functions within plastics, electro-mechanical assemblies, device stage gate process and approvals
RESOURCES MANAGEDFinancial Accountability
- Global Supply Chain: Demand/Supply/Inventory Management
- Finance: Reporting and Budgets
- Global Network Strategy: CapEx/Sourcing/Make vs Buy/Localisation
- Platform Leads: Internal/External Strategy
- Global Quality: Compliance/Auditing/Product Assurance/Incident Management
- Global & Local Commercial: Product Launches/Demand Management
- Global Technical: Project Management/Product Improvement/Investigations
- Global EHS: Compliance/Risk Management
Responsible for their relevant regional P&L, operational procurement activities and cost improvement delivery.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor/Masters Degree (Required): Engineering/Operations/Supply Chain Management (Preferred)
- Experience with Electromechanical assemblies, medical device, lateral flow, hematology products (Required)
- Procurement Qualification and/or Professional Chartered Status (e.g. CIPS) (Preferred)
- Project Management Qualification (Preferred)
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (Preferred)
- Significant operational experience of manufacturing sites (Required)
- Operational and Procurement experience in Animal Health industry (Preferred)
- Significant Procurement experience and cost savings strategy and delivery (Required)
- Proven contractual and commercial experience (Required)
- Proven world class supply operational delivery track record (Required)
PHYSICAL POSITION REQUIREMENTS
- Executive level presentation and stakeholder experience
- World class operational supply chain management
- Builds and sustains positive relationships internally and externally
- Ability to represent Zoetis externally and mirror the cultural expectations
- Strategic & tactical value delivery through contract manufacturing
- Seasoned experience in negotiating supply agreements
- Deep contractual awareness required for supply and business development
- Operational and procurement transformation experience
- Talent development & people management in matrix organizations - (Managing Virtual Plant Teams)
- Handling ambiguity within a complex corporate environment
- Ensuring adherence to process and compliance requirements
- Relationship management with external commercial parties
- Understanding of regulatory and quality environment with pharma industry
- Experienced in data driven decision making
- Excellent problem solving and solution driven mindset
- Ability to manage multiple, complex operational and strategic priorities
- Proactive risk management of operations, finances, and network change projects
- Demonstrated analytical and problem resolution skills for supply chain issues
- Ability to independently evaluate, assess and initiate action
- Recognition of positive and negative impacts of actions, decisions, other market forces on business
- Clearly convey information through a variety of media
- Seeks collaboration, resolves conflict, and works well with others
- Mature, diplomatic, and balanced leadership style
- Proactively seeks others for feedback, interest; sharing knowledge; inclusion and involvement
- Can translate business targets into personal objectives for team members
- Based in North America, preferably Parsippany NJ
Travel as required to fulfill responsibilities of the role (typically up to 30%)
The following base pay range reflects the anticipated base pay for this position if a selected candidate were to be located in [ California]
Base pay may vary based on location and other factors.
Base Pay Range: $126,000 - $193,000[This position is eligible for short-term incentive compensation.] [The position is also eligible for long-term incentive.]
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package, which includes healthcare, dental coverage, and retirement savings benefits along with paid holidays, vacation and disability insurance.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Zoetis from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Zoetis mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Zoetis employees, or to Zoetis resume database will be considered Zoetis property. Zoetis will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Zoetis will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
Zoetis is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status or any other protected classification. Disabled individuals are given an equal opportunity to use our online application system. We offer reasonable accommodations as an alternative if requested by an individual with a disability. Please contact Zoetis Colleague Services at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation. Zoetis also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act. All applicants must possess or obtain authorization to work in the US for Zoetis. Zoetis retains sole and exclusive discretion to pursue sponsorship for the acquisition or maintenance of nonimmigrant status and employment eligibility, considering factors such as availability of qualified US workers. Individuals requiring sponsorship must disclose this fact. Please note that Zoetis seeks information related to job applications from candidates for jobs in the U.S. solely via the following: (1) our company website at www.Zoetis.com/careers site, or (2) via email to/from addresses using only the Zoetis domain of "@zoetis.com". In addition, Zoetis does not use Google Hangout for any recruitment related activities. Any solicitation or request for information related to job applications with Zoetis via any other means and/or utilizing email addresses with any other domain should be disregarded. In addition, Zoetis will never ask candidates to make any type of personal financial investment related to gaining employment with Zoetis.
This job has expired.