This job has expired.
Provides clinical nutrition services to inpatients and/or outpatients, including: assessment of individual nutritional status, evaluation and recommendation of appropriate dietary interventions to improve nutritional status, and education of patients and parents as indicated. Dietary interventions include oral diets, tube-feedings and intravenous feedings.
• Assesses patient's nutritional status and needs. Develops and implements patient care plans and assesses patient responses.
• Collaborates with physicians, nursing, pharmacy and other healthcare team members/departments to determine, coordinate, and provide medical nutrition therapy.
• Collaborates with the Food Service department to provide nutritionally appropriate menus, food options, and services for patients.
• Assesses educational needs in order to advise patients and/or family on restricted or special diets in nutritional principles and dietary plans. Adapts these diets to the patient s medical condition, lifestyle and preferences, evaluates achievement of learning objectives and provides appropriate follow-up.
• Utilizes current research to enhance professional practice to participate and collaborate in PI initiatives.
• Performs daily operational tasks, including review of diet, TPN and NPO lists and completing calorie counts.
• Providing continuum of care in both in and outpatient settings.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• MENU DEVELOPMENT: Develops nutritious and diverse meals for patients, staff and guests.
• DEVELOPMENT AND IMPLEMENTATION OF MEDICAL NUTRITION THERAPY: Uses knowledge of specific nutrition services used to treat an illness, injury or condition.
• PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
Education equivalent experience:
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: Two (2) years' clinical nutrition experience with at least one (1) year in specialty area.
Must have one (1) of the following specialist certifications: Certified Nutrition Support Clinician (CNSC) or Certified Specialist in Pediatric Critical Care Nutrition (CSPCCN) or Certified Specialist in Pediatrics (CSP) or CDR Advanced Practitioner (AP) or other certification from ASPEN; CDR or other nutrition credentialing agency.
• Bending and Stooping 60.00%
• Keyboard Entry 60.00%
• Kneeling 40.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
• Reaching 60.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 60.00%
• Sitting 60.00%
• Squatting 40.00%
• Standing 60.00%
• Walking 60.00%
• Audible Speech 60.00%
• Hearing Acuity 60.00%
• Smelling Acuity 60.00%
• Taste Discrimination 60.00%
• Depth Perception 60.00%
• Distinguish Color 60.00%
• Seeing - Far 60.00%
• Seeing - Near 60.00%
• Bio hazardous Waste 40.00%
• Biological Hazards - Respiratory 40.00%
• Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 40.00%
• Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 40.00%
• Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 40.00%
• Dust 20.00%
• Hazardous Chemicals 20.00%
• Computer Monitor 60.00%
• Domestic Animals 20.00%
• Extreme Heat/Cold 60.00%
• Fire Risk 40.00%
• Heating Devices 60.00%
• Moving Mechanical Parts 60.00%
• Needles/Sharp Objects 60.00%
• Potential Electric Shock 40.00%
• Wet or Slippery Surfaces 60.00%
Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital is a 226 bed free-standing children's hospital in Hollywood, Broward County, Florida located near Fort Lauderdale. The hospital is currently undergoing a 4-story vertical expansion to double the number of floors and to continue to meet its commitment to providing the highest quality and safest care for children in the region.
JDCH is one of 6 hospitals that are part of Memorial Healthcare System, the 3rd largest public health system in the country. Memorial delivers nearly 14,000 babies per year in 3 hospitals and has 132 Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) - both level 2 and 3 (the state of Florida does not yet have a separate designation for level 4 care). JDCH has robust high-risk and congenital programs including a US News and World Report ranked pediatric Cardiology and Heart Surgery Program, one of only two active programs in the state that does heart transplants. Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital's Orthopaedic and Sports Medicine program is also ranked by US News and World Report as number one in Florida and is one of the largest programs in the southeastern United States. JDCH also has robust Neurosciences, Hematology/Oncology and other specialized surgical programs (approximately 10,000 surgeries per year). They also have the area's largest pediatric and neonatal transport team, which also does mobile ECMO. JDCH serves over 375,000 children per year from around the state. Approximately 100,000 children are cared for in our 3 emergency rooms across the county per year. JDCH's services continue to grow with the opening of the new specialty center/ambulatory surgery center in Palm Beach County in 2018 and a new ambulatory pavilion in Miramar, near Miami-Dade County which will open in 2021.
Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital offers resources for academic pursuits, spanning from clinical research to basic science investigation via affiliations with nearby universities and through its Pediatric Institute for Discovery and Innovation (PIDI). Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital has an established pediatric residency program and deep relationships with other hospital providers and universities.
Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital combines leading-edge clinical excellence with a child- and family-friendly environment that emphasizes the Power of Play. Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital offers a comprehensive range of healthcare services - delivered with kindness, dedication and compassion.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted 41 minutes ago