Due to critical service need of the communities we serve, we are offering a $1000 sign-on bonus.* We are eager to continue to provide quality and compassionate care in our service areas and need you to make this happen!We are currently seeking candidates for Part-Time/PRN positions. The PT/PRN hours are available on weekends, holidays and as needed (day/evening shifts). The Direct Support Professional (DSP) is responsible for providing direct interventions to clients residing in a supervised residential program for individuals with chronic mental health conditions that impact their daily functioning. The DSP provides services that promote independence across a variety of domains to assist the client with successfully residing in the community. The DSP provides life skills development, vocational development, Case Management and Illness Management Recovery. This is accomplished by using an assertive approach based on the Rehabilitation Model. Intervention strategies are creative and use of evidence-based practices are utilized to strengthen efficacy of interventions.
- Assesses and monitors a client’s adjustment to residential living.
- Monitors client participation and progress in organized treatment programs to assure the planned provision of services according to the client’s individual treatment plan.
- Provides individual assistance to clients in accessing needed mental health services including case coordination with other members of the treatment team.
- Assesses clients’ level of risks, strengths, and weaknesses and interviews clients, reviews records, and confers with other professionals to evaluate clients’ preparedness for independent living.
- Encourages medication compliance and provides education regarding medications and monitoring of side effects.
- Assists the client to access and utilize a variety of community agencies and resources to provide ongoing social, educational, vocational and recreational supports and activities.
- Intercedes on behalf of individual clients within the community-at-large to assist the client in achieving and maintaining their community participation.
- Maintains contact with clients who are hospitalized and coordinates with treatment team regarding discharge planning.
- Trains, coaches and supports clients in daily living skills, including housekeeping, cooking, personal grooming, accessing transportation, keeping a budget, paying bills and maintaining living space(s).
- Assists with the training/consultation of residential staff, particularly in the area of behavior management.
- Assists in creating personal support systems that include work with family members, legal guardians or significant others regarding the needs and abilities of a client.
- Encourages and promotes recovery efforts, client independence/self-care and responsibility.
- Provides holistic, person-centered care.
- Develops and supports wellness and recovery goals in collaboration with the individual served.
- Provides services to clients which are determined to be appropriate based on DLA score and assessed level of functioning.
- Uses creative engagement strategies to ensure intervention-based services are provided daily and documented in client record by the end of each shift.
- Actively communicates and coordinates with residential staff before, during and at the end of each shift regarding each client’s daily status, progress and needs.
- Actively participates in treatment team meetings and facilitates in the absence of RSC.
- Performs job duties with an efficient use of time based on client’s needs and ensures services are provided to clients daily.
- Notifies Residential Support Coordinator of any changes in client’s conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and taste or smell. The employee is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal.
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Two years of experience in mental health field and/or experience working with adults with chronic mental illnesses required.
Licensure, Certification and/or Registration: Must obtain and maintain certification in CPR, First Aid, CPI and Medication Level I Aide
- Must have an automobile, a valid Missouri Class E driver’s license with a clean driving record and current automobile insurance with required coverage limits
Compass Health Network is a nonprofit health care organization offering accessible, comprehensive, & compassionate behavioral health, substance use treatment, family medicine and dental services throughout Missouri. Our network of care includes Royal Oaks Hospital and Adapt of Missouri. We are both a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC). Operating only from the highest ethical and professional standards, we provide access to innovative care designed to meet the health needs of the communities we serve. Our mission is “Inspire Hope. Promote Wellness.”
Why join us?
We believe some of the most passionate people in the world work here. Our dedicated and talented staff are our most valuable asset. We strive to provide a work environment and services that are inclusive for our patients and our employees.
At Compass Health Network, these are just a few of the benefits that we offer as an organization:
- Competitive benefits
- Advancement opportunities
- Professional development
- Licensure supervision
- Mentor opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
- Scholarship program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Headspace Access
- Paid time off & Paid Holidays
- NHSC Loan Repayment Participant
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. We look forward to meeting you!
*Signing bonuses paid as per bonus policy; exclusions may apply.
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.