Compensation: $17.00 hourly
Due to critical service need of the communities we serve, we are offering a $375 sign-on bonus.* We are eager to continue to provide quality and compassionate care in our service areas and need you to make this happen!
The Community Living Instructor/Direct Support Professional assists the Wellness Team in the facilitation of activities and groups for residents of our Clustered Apartment program. This position is responsible for providing a variety of services to consumers to enhance rehabilitation in 5 program components: Living Skills, Self-Care Skills, Social Skills, Leisure Skills, & Work Skills. In order to thrive in this role you must be comfortable working closely with people who have chronic mental health issues and have a desire to provide excellent client care. Current position is limited part-time/"as needed" position, covering open shifts due to leave and sickness. Position can grow into part- & full-time position, if desired, post-training and as shifts become available.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – JOB SPECIFIC
• Will provide a safe and secure environment for therapeutic growth of clients through safety and oversight of program and facility grounds
• Will use individual and group activities to help consumers develop behaviors and skills to allow them to return to and remain involved in activities appropriate to his/her age and based on their needs and abilities
• Will use DMH approved curriculum focused on building skills and knowledge about the management of mental illness to help the consumer remain community living
• Uses a curriculum built around 5 core components utilizing training, coaching and supporting daily living skills, mood management, relationships and boundaries, medication education, symptom recognition and reduction, health and wellness, anger management, problem solving, goal setting, conflict resolution, and communication skills
• Will provide consistent meaningful individual and group activity which is appropriate to the skill and cognitive level of functioning of the consumers and does so in a manner that is of interest of the consumer
• Provide individual assistance to consumers in accessing needed mental health services including accompanying consumers to appointments to address medical or other health needs
• Provide individuals assistance to consumers in accessing a variety of public services including financial and housing, including assistance on an emergency basis and directly helping to meet needs for food, shelter and clothing
• Assist consumers to access and utilize a variety of community agencies and resources to provide ongoing social, educational, vocational and recreational supports and activities
High School/GED required
• At least two (2) years experience in a mental health related field preferred
• A valid driver's license at the time of hire with the ability to obtain and maintain a Class E MO driver’s license by the end of the 60-day introductory period required
Compass Health Network is a nonprofit health care organization offering accessible, comprehensive, & compassionate behavioral health, substance use treatment, family medicine and dental services throughout Missouri. Our network of care includes Royal Oaks Hospital and Adapt of Missouri. We are both a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and a Community Mental Health Center (CMHC). Operating only from the highest ethical and professional standards, we provide access to innovative care designed to meet the health needs of the communities we serve. Our mission is “Inspire Hope. Promote Wellness.”
Why join us?
We believe some of the most passionate people in the world work here. Our dedicated and talented staff are our most valuable asset. We strive to provide a work environment and services that are inclusive for our patients and our employees.
At Compass Health Network, these are just a few of the benefits that we offer as an organization:
We welcome inquiries from qualified individuals who want to be part of a team of hardworking, dedicated and compassionate employees whose work helps us aspire to our vision of full, healthy, productive lives for everyone. We look forward to meeting you!
*Signing bonuses paid as per bonus policy; exclusions may apply.
Compass Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and an E-Verify participant.
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!