Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for a Director, Assistant Treasurer who will join our Finance team.
Reporting to the Treasurer, the Assistant Treasurer manages and executes treasury functions including bank relationships, liquidity, financial hedging, cash forecasting, treasury operations, foreign exchange, inter-company lending, and financial reporting.
The Assistant Treasurer also focuses on driving strategic projects within Treasury and in other parts of the organization where there are treasury related activities. This position manages a staff of two and interfaces constantly with Senior Management of the Scotts organization - domestically and internationally.
What you'll do in this role:
What you'll need to be successful:Knowledge:
- Provide debt and interest expense budgeting / forecasting
- Manage financial risk management as it relates to Treasury (interest rates, commodities, and foreign exchange) through hedging strategies, execution, documentation, and ongoing program monitoring
- Financial reporting on Treasury activities for SEC requirements, external auditing and board communication
- Manage cash flow forecasting
- Prepare debt covenant compliance reporting
- Serve as SOX process owner for Treasury activities and controls
- Review, update and recommend Treasury policies
- Establish protocol for short-term borrowing needs and recommend short-term investing initiatives in U.S. and Europe
- Prepare quarterly Treasury report for Board of Directors
- Debt capital planning and implementation, play important role in transaction execution
- Oversee cash management initiatives, bank relationships, day-to-day treasury operations
- Oversee issuing letters of credit
- Oversee company's leasing activities
- Apply financial perspective and analysis for business decisions
- Develop and maintain collaborative internal relationships among Scotts Miracle-Gro's business units and provide support on operational issues
- Interface with tax on dividends and other international cash movements
- Integrate acquisitions into corporate cash management system
- Lead projects to provide more effective and efficient cash management solutions and cost savings initiatives
- Ad hoc Treasury Analysis
- Bachelor's Degree in business, accounting, finance or other relevant discipline required
- Broad understanding of Treasury function knowledge and direct experience on corporate Treasury team
- Strong knowledge of risk management and bank relationships
- Technical experience in accounting standards
- Managerial experience
- 8+ years relevant corporate treasury, banking and/or finance experience
- M.B.A. or advanced degree in finance preferred
- CPA or CTP preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven communication and leadership skills
- Skilled in derivative execution and/or back office procedures
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent leadership skills
- Consensus builder
Here at ScottsMiracle-Gro, we believe providing an enriching and engaging employee experience is what sets us apart from other organizations. We recognize our employees are so much more than just their job title so we offer programs and benefits that support them in all aspects of their lives. Wondering how we do it? Below is a glimpse of our highlight reel...
- Our Live Total Health program provides you with options to align to your personal needs. Selections range from medical, dental and visioncoverage for you, your spouse/domestic partner and dependents to an outstanding wellness reimbursement program to an unbelievable 401K match (up to 7.5%)as well as a 15% discount on company stock and much more
- We know ourtalent is our most precious asset and your unique development contributes to our organization's success now and in the future. Career growth at our company is not always a ladder. It's much more like a rock climbing adventure. Grow through exploration and experiences rather than a predictable linear path.
- We value the importance of family. We provide access to Maven Family Planning and up to $30,000 to accommodate for adoption, fertility and surrogacy.
- Be part of something bigger by joining one of our Employee Resource Groups focusing on diversity and inclusion, family, education and sustainability: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employees' Network, Scotts Veterans' Network, Scotts Young Professionals, Scotts Pride Network (GroPride), Scotts Associates for a Greener Earth (SAGE), Scotts Family TREE and our Associate Boards.
- Join a company with a strong belief in giving back to the communities where we live and work. We have a shared passion for service and volunteerism and believe participating in community service benefits our communities and strengthens our team.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent communities.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
This job has expired.