- This individual will serve as a key member of the Corporate Affairs Leadership Team. S/he will play a central role in the execution of Corporate Affairs Strategic Initiatives as well as supporting intra-functional coordination among GA, Corp Comms, PASM and Corporate Social Responsibility for the new Corporate Affairs function along with standardization across the function as well as teambuilding, change management and coordinated communications.
- The Director of Corp Affairs Initiatives will work closely with the sub-functional leads and the VP to drive effective initiatives , lead project management, collaborate on strategy development and support a growing role for the function inside the organization.
Corporate Affairs Initiatives
Corporate Affairs Support
- Work with VP of CA to identify and prioritize a portfolio of key strategic projects varying from transformative enterprise-wide initiatives to mid-level, tactical projects.
- Collaborate cross-functionally and with all levels of the organization, and utilize high-level program management, interpersonal, and stakeholder management skills to execute multiple, concurrent initiatives.
- The successful candidate will have expert-level project management skills and best practice knowledge that includes but is not limited to:
- Ability to manage initiatives on time, on task and in budget
- Develop and execute comprehensive communication and change management plans
- Propose and implement plans to resolve complex issues and execute corrective actions
- Identification and mitigation of risks
- Onboard and manage resources as required
- Proactively identify and resolve issues
- Provide executive leadership updates
Strategy - Identify key business issues and opportunities, and take the lead to develop strategies and tactical plans to resolve or realize, ensuring cross functional alignment
Team - Work closely with VP of CA and her direct reports, building their trust and supporting a productive, collaborative team environment
Event Planning - develop and execute events - team building, leadership training, DEI, departmental town halls, etc.
Asset/Budget Planning - coordinate with functional leads to conduct annual strategic asset planning for above brand, and support budget creation and resource allocation decision-making
Communications - coordinate with the CA team to put together executive-level presentations for leadership and other audiences, generate executive level status reports, functional newsletters, stakeholder emails, Vine posts, etc.
Process Improvement - develop and implement process improvements to optimize efficiency and productivity, drive standardization and the adoption of best practices across the function
Knowledge/ Experience and Skills:
- Unquestionable personal code of ethics, integrity, diversity and trust
- High-energy, agile-minded, proactive, highly organized and committed to the vision and values of Otsuka
- Willingness to constructively challenge the status quo
- Results driven, strong sense of ownership and accountability
- Motivated, self-directing with a demonstrated ability to function effectively under conditions of uncertainty and ambiguity
- Highly developed communications skills (written/verbal) and interpersonal savvy
- High degree of emotional intelligence
- Strong strategic thinking, problem solving expertise
- 5-8 years of PM + Pharmaceutical Commercial Organization Experience
- Extensive experience running complex, cross-functional projects in accordance with PM best practices
- Experience working with or in Government Affairs & Advocacy, Patient Advocacy & Stakeholder Management and/or Corporate Communications
- PM Certification or Lean Six Sigma Certification
- Advanced level of MS office
Bachelor's Degree RequiredDisclaimer
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.Equal Opportunity Employer
Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.
Come discover more about Otsuka and our benefit offerings; https://www.otsuka-us.com/careers-join-otsuka
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include every job duty and responsibility specific to the position. Otsuka reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.Otsuka is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status, or any protected status.Statement Regarding Job Recruiting Fraud Scams
Job postings, job offers, or introductions to enter into a business relationship with Otsuka through a third-party vendor may be unauthorized. Avoid being the subject of a scam by dealing only directly with Otsuka through its official Otsuka Career website https://vhr-otsuka.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External
. Any authorized third-party vendor job boards should redirect any inquiry to this Otsuka Career website.
This job has expired.