Eurofins is the world leader in the food, bio/pharmaceutical product testing. It is also number one in the field of environmental laboratory services and one of the global market leaders in agroscience, genomics, discovery pharmacology, and central laboratory services. With more than $5billion USD in annual revenues and 50,000 employees across 800 laboratories in50 countries, Eurofins is a leading international group of laboratories providing an unparalleled range of testing and support services to the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, food, environmental, and consumer products industries and to governments.
Eurofins BioDiagnostics, Inc. is a leading provider of seed and agrigenomics testing services including seed, plant and animal genetic and health services to the industry with customers worldwide. Eurofins BioDiagnostics uses state-of-the-art DNA, protein, phenotyping and analytical chemistry-based technologies to help customers reduce time to market and produce high quality seed.
The Director of Strategic Sales will have a demonstrated track record and results oriented mentality in building new client relationships in the seed and agricultural industry while also retaining strong rapport and retention of existing clientele. This individual will be able to plan for and achieve individual and team revenue and sales objectives through proactive communication and sales of Eurofins BioDiagnostics, Inc. services to new and assigned clients.
Tasks and Skillset Required:
- Development and implementation of a strategic business development plan for both the US and global markers to meet/advance the company's objectives and support the growth of the organization.
- Set up discussions with prospective new clients to initiate a new business relationship
- Create business opportunities through client needs identification and relationship building
- Utilize strategies and implement tactics to persuade prospective clients to engage with Eurofins BioDiagnostics
- Develop and implement individual, territory and key account approaches that are specifically geared to either growth of or retention of the client base.
- Coordinate and execute organizational response to Requests for Proposals/Information
- Represent Eurofins BioDiagnostics at trade shows and industry-related conferences
- Provide business intelligence on competitors; their services, positioning pricing and M&A activities.
- Update company CRM system with relevant information
- Provide twice monthly sales reports outlining opportunities, discussions and accomplishments and objectives/goals achieved or missed.
- Willing to travel throughout assigned geographical territory, including US, LATAM and Asia
- As needed, provide mentorship and support Business Development team members in the US.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure without supervision
- Excellent communication skills with a high degree of professionalism
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize, delegate, and evaluate work
- Strong, and effective presentation skills; ability to convincingly present features and benefits of Eurofins BioDiagnostics service to clients and also within the Eurofins Group
- Effective intrapersonal skills, creating and maintaining a positive dialogue with both clients and colleagues
- Demonstrated excellence in negotiating
- BA/BS or MS in business or life sciences
- Five plus (5) years of sales experience in the agriculture and preferably seed testing industry
- Fluent in English language - written and oral
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and CRM software such as Hubspot or Salesforce
Position is full-time, Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm.
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays