HanesBrands Inc., (HBI) is a global company with more than 59,000 associates in 33 countries, all working together to create the world's best apparel to include iconic brands such as Champion, Hanes, Bali, Bonds, and many more. We offer enormous opportunities for creative thinkers, for people with a passion for consumers, and for people who think like business owners. We're building a truly inclusive culture, where people of different backgrounds, races, cultures and experiences come together to make us stronger. We are a sustainable company committed to making a positive difference in our communities and around the world.
The Director Product Management will report to the Growth Team General Manager and will be based in our company headquarters in Winston-Salem, N.C. This role is a key leader in delivering the Hanes Full Potential plan. The deliverables for this role will focus on collaboration with cross functional teams to plan and execute merchandise assortments while placing the consumer at the forefront of every decision. This position contributes to the product line plan vision, as well as collaborates in the line planning process in order to achieve or exceed annual financial goals. He/she collaborates with other leaders to ensure that the line plan addresses the overarching brand vision. Key metrics for success will include retail trend, new product hit rates, style scale and SKU efficiencies. This position requires a growth mindset.
Reporting to the General Manager, this position is responsible for leading our Maidenform Shapewear product initiatives including strategy, product marketing, planning, and execution through the lifecycle of the product. This role is highly cross-functional, requiring strong collaboration while placing the consumer at the forefront of every decision.
While Maidenform is the #1 shapewear brand in the market today, we have tremendous opportunity to accelerate growth:
- New, young, diverse consumers are entering category
- The category is expanding with new usage / wearing occasions
- We are starting to ramp up marketing investment in Maidenform shapewear
- We have a very strong and growing core product line, but gaps that we need to fill to tap into new consumers and usages
- Develop long term strategic direction and short term business building initiatives
- Develop and execute Seasonal product plans collaborating with cross-functional teams to launch new and manage ongoing product lines
- Deliver annual sales and profit goals
- Key focus on product lifecycle management, partnering with supply chain, sales and finance on inventory management, SKU rationalization and style discontinuations
- Responsible for developing & executing short and long term strategic plans to drive growth, reach new consumers while maximizing existing portfolio
- Manage product line planning and assortment strategies
- Analyze competitors, consumer needs, preferences, and shopping behaviors to help guide strategy & marketing plans
- Lead the analysis to support strategic decision-making and go-to-market planning (e.g., pricing, sales strategy, consumer needs)
Managing the Business
- Collaborate with Design on seasonal new product development and innovation pipeline
- Lead product line marketing (product positioning, naming, packaging, collateral for both brick & mortar and ecom), collaborating with other functional areas (Consumer Insights, Creative Teams, Brand Marketing, Sales, ECom)
- Work as the lead with Sales on sell-in of new products and programs, managing assortments and meeting / presenting plans to customers
- Analyze business results, guide demand and supply plans, manage inventory including sku rationalization, E&O and style discontinuations.
- P&L management
- Lead & develop Team of 2 Product Managers and 1 Analyst
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent (4+ years work exp); Master's Degree preferred
- 10+ Years Relevant Work Experience Including Prior Management Experience
- Industry experience in retail, manufacturing, consumer packaged goods, or apparel preferred
- Strategic thinker who recognizes opportunities and can influence decision makers to move to execution
- Strong product sense with proven experience in driving product assortments and partnering with Design to conceive product concepts that drive business
- Strong problem solving, interpersonal and organizational skills
- High level of analytical skills and conceptual creative ability
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability and willingness to travel when necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to develop institutional policies/procedures and effect change
- Proven track record of delivering results
- Proven experience in building iconic brands
- Experience in leveraging consumer data to drive sales growth
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly:
This job has expired.