Director, Strategy & InnovationPortland, Seattle, Salt Lake City or Boise
Following federal mandate, all Cambia Health Solutions employees, including 100% remote workers, need to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by 1/1/22.
The Director Strategy and Innovation will be an integral part of a high-impact, Corporate Strategy and Innovation team that will lead strategy development, planning, innovation efforts to advance Cambia's Cause. This role will lead project teams to support strategic analysis and strategy formulation and development on behalf of both the enterprise and individual business units and functional groups.
General Functions and Outcomes:
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with leaders across the enterprise to support strategy efforts.
- Create and oversee analyses to generate business insights, trends impacting Cambia. This can include preparing market overviews, benchmarking competitors, assessing industry developments, evaluating potential new business cases within the company, and exploring partnerships / acquisition targets.
- Develop workplans and convene cross-functional teams to deliver strategy projects.
- Serve as project leader representing Corporate Strategy to lead internal engagements.
- Support the overall corporate strategy and innovation planning with focus on long term growth for the enterprise.
- Manage annual planning activities, including translation of organizational goals and objectives into initiatives, timelines and plans.
- Develop and communicate of key messages and conclusions to project sponsors and stakeholders.
- Facilitate workshops with subject matter experts, with a change management focus, to rapidly develop recommendations to present to leaders.
- Support solution design and implementation of recommendations to ensure initiatives can deliver on the expected outcomes.
- Proactively address operational issues and collaborate with team members to solve problems quickly and thoughtfully.
This team will allow unmatched exposure to the Executive Leadership Team and other senior leaders across the organization through a variety of projects. It will also allow you to define and chart your own path into the business and be part of the next generation of leaders at Cambia.Minimum Requirements:
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above:
- Previous experience in business strategy development through management consulting, investment banking, or an in-house strategy team.
- Well-established strategy toolkit (research, quantitative analysis, qualitative synthesis, written/oral communication).
- Comfort and facility with both quantitative and qualitative information.
- Executive-level presence and communication style.
- Development and cultivation of senior-level relationships.
- Strong familiarity with healthcare industry trends.
- Ability to own end-to-end storyline for clear and concise communication of research findings and strategy recommendations.
- Awareness and ongoing monitoring of developments in healthcare tech/services innovation ecosystem.
- Previous experience in management and professional development of team members.
The Director, Strategy & Innovation would have 10+ years of experience in business strategy development or combination of education and experience.Work Environment:
- Work primarily performed in a flexible combination of home and office locations.
- Travel may be required within Cambia's four-state footprint (OR, WA, ID, UT) and potentially beyond for conferences or other events.
- May be required to work outside of normal hours.
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to workforce diversity and a drug and tobacco-free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law. A background check is required.
If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please email CambiaCareers@cambiahealth.com