About Maxim Crane:
Maxim Crane Works, L.P. is the largest crane rental company in the United States with over 60 locations nationwide. We are the only coast-to-coast crane rental company in the United States and employ a zero-accident safety culture.
The Dispatcher executes a variety of tasks to ensure optimal utilization of time and daily operational tasks to ensure our client’s jobs go out on time with all the necessary equipment and resources to deliver exceptional service. Maxim’s motto is “Whatever it takes” and as the dispatcher in the branch, it is imperative for you to display this attitude when communicating and dispatching the employees. We are here to provide a top-notch crane service that will ensure the customer will have no need to contact another crane company for their crane needs.
Job Responsibilities and Duties:
* Ensure employees leave the yard to make it 15 minutes early to every job and they have all support items such as radios, specialized rigging, and personnel.
* Spot-check employees leaving the yard to ensure proper paperwork has been filled out prior to departure.
* Evaluate crane fleet cleanliness, maintenance, and yard tasks to assign to the employees that do not have jobs outside of the office.
* Review previous day Inspections and daily tickets for proper information. Check off that all inspections have been turned in and completed in the equipment file then file the paperwork in proper files. Turn in any discrepancies and service issues to the service department for repairs.
* Review ELD compliance for the cranes and tractors assigned to the Branch. Check daily logs for employees’ daily and weekly hours to ensure compliance.
* Assign daily tasks to employees the day before the job and communicate with them so they are aware of their tasks. Print JDS and lift plans and maps if needed for the employees. Place paperwork on the crane or employee clipboards for the following day.
* Ensure permits, registration, and insurance cards are up to date and accurate in the clipboards for each crane and tractor. Order blanket and trip permits for each crane and truck to comply with FDOT laws.
* Drawbars assigning cranes, trucks, and employees to all jobs the day before to provide an accurate daily activity spreadsheet.
* Perform weekly spot checks on rigging stock for cranes and warehouse stock.
* Check daily time sheets and job tickets before turning into the office manager for payroll and billing.
* Participate in meetings with operations, sales, service, and safety to determine priorities for the following days.
* Provide daily updates of availability to the sales and operations team.
* Work with the sales team for lift plans and job details.
* Ensure all the items needed in the JDS are in the crane or set out for the crane operator to perform the job.
* Updating time bars in job cost and matching time sheets to job tickets.
* Order permits for the cranes and tractors to haul oversize overweight loads.
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of their race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin or ancestry, age, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information or veteran status, as those terms are defined under applicable laws, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Add your resume to our resume database that can be searched by employers looking to hire!
Stay up to date with job alerts! Customize your alerts based on a specific area, category and receive weekly updates!
Posted about 7 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago
Posted about 3 hours ago