*This dock clerk position is for 10am to 6pm.
Loads and unloads orders and checks against shipping or customer orders and reports shortages, damaged or incomplete orders to the warehouse supervisor. Receives and unpacks materials and supplies and checks receipts against purchase order for proper shipment, shortages, damages, or defects. Expedites packages, materials and equipment to the proper department or storage locations. Checks trailers for any damages and records the results.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Requirements LANGUAGE SKILLS
- Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Loads and unloads trucks using a fork truck, hand jack or other lifting equipment.
- Checks trucks and all incoming shipments for any damage, shortages or any other discrepancies.
- Delivers material to stock location and/or cell or work area (depending on location)
- Maintains inventory and supplies for shipping department.
- Transports goods from shop floor and/or prepares for shipment
- Verifies, creates, and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Maintain and support the accuracy and of raw material inventory within the manufacturing facilities and off-site locations.
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons or stencils, identifying shipping information on cartons.
- Responsible for aiding in own self-development by being available and receptive to all training made available by the company.
- Actively engaged in the Carlisle Operating System within the respective location's initiatives
- Plans daily activities within the guidelines of company policy, job description, and Supervisor's instruction in such a way as to maximize personal output.
- Responsible for keeping own immediate work area in a neat and orderly condition to ensure safety of self and co-workers. Will report any unsafe conditions and/or practices to the appropriate supervisor. Will immediately correct any unsafe conditions to the best of own ability.
Ability to speak, read and comprehend English is preferred in order to interpret written documents such as shop orders, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with supervisors, co-workers and customers. MATHEMATICAL SKILLS
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals is preferred. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs is preferred REASONING ABILITY
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. SPECIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical and environmental demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. VISION DEMANDS
Ability to see close (20 inches or less), distance (20 feet or more), color (identify and distinguish), peripheral (up/down and left/right with eyes fixed on given point), depth (distances and spatial relationships), and adjust Focus (adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus). NOISE DEMANDS
Loud Noise CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Forklift Experience preferred
This job has expired.