GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Are you ready for anamazing summer on the shores of Lake Roosevelt? Seven Bays Marina, managedby Guest Services, is now hiring seasonal Dockmasters.
Team members at Seven Baysenjoy perks and benefits such as:
- Discounts in our retail store
- Discounts at our restaurant
- A free employee meal each day worked
- And more!
Guest Services, Inc.offers amazing benefits for team members such as a 401K savings plan, paid timeoff, employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities nationwide, andmore!
Apply today to join our All Star Team! JOB SUMMARY
The Dockmaster will be mainly responsible for the operations directly associated with the boating customers. This person must be able to exhibit the flexibility required to handle all segments of the Marina Office and assist the General Manager/AGM as needed. Andon behalf of the General Manager/AGM in his/her stead. The Dockmaster is responsible for the compilation and reporting of all facets of the Marina's Houseboat, Small Boat, and Fuel Dock and General Accounting performance. This person will also be one of the individuals first seen and greeted by the public, so public relations will need to be a strong asset of the Dockmaster.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Providing clerical support for all sectors of the Marina.
- Perform administrative duties (i.e., correspondence, messages, memos, telephone contacts, etc.) for Marina General Manager.
- Maintain a rental inventory for wet slips and dinghy storage - including archiving and new boat records for customer file maintenance changes.
- Assist in special projects
- Completing daily reports and Marina operations, including, checklists, sales, rental billing
- Maintain account records and files.
- Create and maintain a monthly schedule for dock personnel adhering to payroll budget and eliminating overtime.
- Direct supervision of all dock personnel on a daily basis, covering breaks
- Work in tandem with Lead Mechanic and Housekeeping Supervisor to ensure that boats are kept to LRA and GSI standards.
- Adjust docks daily, monitor and direct to subordinates or repair damaged components.
- Work with Moorage Specialist to ensure the Marina House Moorage Rules are adhered to.
- Field and address tenant complaints working with General Manager/AGM to resolve as needed
- Any other duties as assigned by the General Manager/AGM
The Dockmaster should be a person who has had experience in general Office procedures and has worked with the public in some form or another. Experience within the Marina Industry does not have to be a qualification but would help and those with experience are preferred. This person will have to show initiative to help organize and maintain and organize working atmosphere within the Marina Office. A valid Driver's License and Boaters Education Card is REQUIRED for this position.PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Working in wet and slippery conditions. Frequently working in an outdoor, hot, and damp environment.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in outdoor environments and inclement weather.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
All dock equipment and materials (gas pump, boats, ropes, anchors, among others).
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.