Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2021 sales of $31 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit .
The Linde Ice Plant Technician is responsible for the safe, reliable, and efficient operation of Dry Ice Production Equipment at the CO2 plant in Ferndale, WA. This is a challenging and rewarding job that requires the employee to have problem solving capabilities in mechanical, electrical, and production processes.
Plant Technicians must demonstrate initiative and self-motivation and be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Maintain Safety, Quality, and Compliance activities at their plant location
- Prepares necessary materials/support items and operates material handling and manufacturing equipment (e.g., CO2 Dry Ice equipment, forklift, pallet jack, etc.)
- Assists maintenance technicians with non-routine repairs as needed
- Monitors processes and makes appropriate adjustments as necessary (e.g., set-ups, calibrations, alignments, etc.).
- Provides status reports to supervisor, contributes to periodic production metrics reports and assists in presentations (e.g., safety or team meetings)
- Collects and records data for statistical process control and related reports
- Interprets production specification documentation sufficiently to effectively complete customer orders.
- May work directly with suppliers in ordering materials
Linde has advancement opportunities for employees who demonstrate advanced skills in plant operations and have a strong sense of ownership. Safety performance, successful operations, and proven leadership are required. Advancement can lead to careers in Technical Support, Management, Engineering, Safety, Sales, and other positions.
The Ice Plant Technician must be able to sit, stand, climb, walk, read, talk, see and hear, to perform the essential functions of this job. Additional activities for this job are:
- Walking on flat or uneven surfaces 8-10 hours per day.
- Bending, stooping, and working from elevated positions
- Use of stairs and ladders for elevated work occasionally.
- Lifting 5 to 15 LBs loads performed daily.
- Lifting 15 to 45 LBs loads intermittently.
- Lifting 45 to 75 LBs loads occasionally.
- Upper body work activities, including using wrenches, hammers, and similar hand tools
- Use of power tools such as drill and saws
- Perform office work requiring computer work and other administration duties < 1 hour per day.
- Use of fingers/fine manipulation (such as instrumentation calibration)
- High School Degree required
- Associate degree in a technical field preferred
- Industrial equipment operation
- General maintenance of industrial equipment
- Industrial mechanical maintenance
- Industrial electrical or electrician
Skills and Attributes:
- Committed to Safety and compliant with established procedures
- Dependable and honest
- Safe driver
- Maintenance and repairs of industrial equipment
- Computers, Microsoft applications
- Maintenance and compliance documentation
- Communications, both verbal and written
- Organization and time management
- Safe Work Planning
- Self-directed learning
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
This job has expired.