Operate the Dryer process in an efficient manner in order to maximize production while maintaining product quality and employee safety.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Education and Experience
- Operate the Dryer system according to defined processing parameters to achieve optimum processing efficiencies and to ensure the highest quality product while minimizing downtime.
- Monitor and document processes as required and perform quality control checks, making changes to the processes as necessary to maintain quality per documented change process
- Ensure all process documentation is complete
- Perform CIP as needed on all related equipment, perform manual cleaning as necessary.
- Always maintain a clean, organized, and professional work area in accordance to 5S methodology.
- Perform general housekeeping duties and Master Sanitation Schedule tasks as necessary
- Minimize water usage and generation of wastewater with the scope of the position
- Follow all Dairy Farmers of America GMP's and work in a manner consistent with all corporate, regulatory quality and sanitation requirements.
- Dedicate effort to safety as we expect every employee to leave work in the same condition as they arrive
- Exhibit the values and ethics of DFA through honesty, discretion, and sound judgement
- Adhere to all DFA Quality, Safety and GMP policies and procedures and report any nonconformity
- Attend required training, including but not limited to, Safety, GMP, Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), and Safe Quality Foods (SQF)
- Assist in the training and development of new operators
- The requirements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employee, but is not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Other duties may be assigned as required
- This is a 1st shift position.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High School Diploma or GED
- Forklift training -- safe operation
§ Able to use and understand calculations and production rates
§ Able to communicate effectively, both verbally and written
§ Able to be proactive in seeking solutions
§ Able to work in collaboration effectively and foster good teamwork
§ Able to follow directions and meet deadlines
§ Able to interpret and apply company policies
§ Able to adapt and manage to change effectively
§ Able to perform task and duties without constant supervisionBenefits:
DFA offers an excellent benefit package including health, dental, vision, fully funded pension and more.