Education Coordinator - Anesthesiology - 29838 University Staff
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
Job Title: Academic Services Professional
Working Title: Education Coordinator
Position #00793203: – Requisition: #29838
The Education Coordinator, hereinafter referred to as the coordinator, under direction from Undergraduate Medical Education Program Directors, Non-Anesthesia Learner Director, Education Manager and the Director of Finance and Administration, is primarily responsible for coordinating the Undergraduate Medical Education Programs and Non-Anesthesia Learner Program. Coordination of these programs encompasses independently managing the curriculum, evaluations, schedules, goals and objectives, and all trainees.
The coordinator provides essential communication and networking for the effective functioning of major Anesthesiology training programs. The coordinator works collaboratively with the Undergraduate Medical Education (UME) Office, the Department of Anesthesiology, the School of Medicine, and the University of Colorado. Additionally, the Coordinator is expected to contribute to the ongoing development, analysis, and evaluation of existing and proposed educational programs within the department as well as facilitating regulatory compliance activities. In addition to supporting the Undergraduate Medical Education and Non-Anesthesia Learners Programs, the Education Coordinator may be asked to assist the Residency and Fellowship Coordinators and AA Program Coordinators with tasks to support additional Education Programs within the Department of Anesthesiology.
- Medical Student Program:
- Coordinates rotations for medical students at training site locations including the University of Colorado Hospital (UCH), Children's Hospital Colorado (CHCO), the Denver Veteran's Administration Medical Center (VAMC), Denver Health Medical Center (DHMC) and Saint Joseph's Hospital.
- Enters evaluation matches in Oasis, send reminder emails to attendings, fellows, residents, and advanced practice providers and pull responses for grade review.
- Enter grades into Oasis.
- Schedule student meetings with Residency Program Director and Chair of the Department for a letter session.
- Pull faculty lecture and orientation evaluations from Canvas course and send to presenter(s).
- Gather and assemble applications and supplemental application materials for visiting student applications.
- Onboard visiting students enrolled in a fourth-year course(s).
- Manages rotations for non-anesthesia learner training at the University of Colorado Hospital (UCH) and Children's Hospital Colorado (CHCO).
- Collaborates with non-anesthesia program directors and coordinators to obtain goals and objectives, rotation dates and necessary agreements and payments.
- Send daily communication (when on rotation) to non-anesthesia learner(s) and the assigned providers to include time of check in, location of assignment and goals and objectives.
Maintenance of Certification in Anesthesiology (MOCA):
Why Join Us:
- Provide pre-event support including the creation of invite lists, nametags, registration lists, and collection and tracking of all needed event materials.
- Attend all MOCA events and act as onsite support to include set up, registration, event production, and clean up.
- Reserve event and meeting space using the University's internal EMS system.
- Working with Education Team, plan and order food and supervise delivery.
- Train and become proficient in Concur, Marketplace, and Cor360, and process payments, check requests, etc. for the Education Team.
The University of Colorado offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition benefits, ECO pass, paid time off – vacation, sick, holidays and more. To see what benefits are available, please visit: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits-wellness
. Diversity and Equity:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty, and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Preferred Qualifications:
- A bachelor's degree in education, psychology, business, public administration, health care, educational technology, social science, liberal arts, communications, accounting, finance, library science, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
- A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- One (1) year of professional experience with residency, fellowship, or educational program support.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience coordinating educational programs in an academic medical center.
How to Apply:
- Knowledge of, or ability to, become fully competent in computer programs essential to the medical student program, including the Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook), the Visiting Student Application Service (VSAS), Learning Management System (Canvas) and Oasis (scheduling and evaluation). Software used will continue to change, so adaptability to new electronic programs and tools is essential.
- Ability to communicate effectively with administrative personnel, physicians and other program personnel, trainees/prospective trainees, staff and other constituents, in written communications and oral presentations. Interpersonal skills working with medical students and others in an environment of high volume and stress.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Organizational skills with ability to plan and organize medical student activities, establish work priorities, and provide follow through to ensure completion of activities, both individually and assisting others with work tasks.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise appropriate discretion with information.
- Ability to work independently, to multitask, to work under pressure and to meet deadlines, with minimal supervision.
- Familiarity with UCSOM, GME, UME, CME, ACGME and ABA requirements.
For full consideration, please submit the following document(s):
1. A letter of interest describing relevant job experiences as they relate to listed job qualifications and interest in the position.
2. Curriculum vitae / Resume
3. Three to five professional references including name, address, phone number (mobile number if appropriate), and email address.
Questions should be directed to: Abigail Jacoba - firstname.lastname@example.org Screening of Applications Begins:
Screening of applications begins immediately and continues until position is filled. Anticipated Pay Range:
The starting salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established as
$47,661 - $60,625.
The above hiring range represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. This position may be eligible for overtime compensation depending on the level.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 ADA Statement:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at email@example.com
​. Background Check Statement:
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students, and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Vaccination Statement:
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
Anschutz: https://apptrkr.com/get_redirect.php?id=4159145&targetURL=The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
- Anschutz Campus – Accommodations may be granted for medical or religious reasons.
The University of Colorado seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Job Category
: Academic Services Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 20138 - SOM-AN Admin GeneralOperations Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: May 3, 2023 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Abigail Jacoba Posting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Number: 00793203
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.