Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for an EH&S Coordinator who will join our Scotts Miracle Gro team in Groveland, FL.
Pay starting at $18.15 per hour!
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for coordinating and overseeing environmental, health and safety compliance at this growing media (mulch and soil) facility to all local, state and federal safety and environmental regulations and corporate guidelines and procedures.
What you'll do in this role:
What you'll need to be successful:
- Ensure EPA and OSHA documentation compliance with guidance from the corporate EH&S department.
- Collaborate with employees and managers to identify and mitigate EH&S concerns.
- Maintain a Job Hazard Analysis database and ensure required PPE is available.
- Maintain Incident, Injury, Near Miss, and Safe Behavior documentation and follow-up on resulting action items.
- Coordinate RCRA compliance activities and training.
- Provide guidance and direction for emergency response activities for the facility.
- Coordinate EH&S training sessions and compile training records in accordance with regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Record monitoring, sampling, and disposal data into recordkeeping software according to regulations.
- Coordinate vendor inspections and services (fire, sprinkler, waste water, etc.).
- Must be able to periodically work flexible hours, including second and third shifts, if necessary.
- Team lead on the safety committee.
What we do for you (just to name a few cool ones):
- High School Diploma or equivalent. OSHA Certification preferred.
- One-two years of experience in EH&S roles, preferably in a manufacturing, agriculture or related environment.
- Knowledge in EPA, OSHA, State Workers Comp Laws and Wastewater compliance.
- Working knowledge of applicable Health and Safety regulations and standards.
- Working knowledge of metrics, both lagging and leading.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and internet savvy.
- Knowledge of facilities and operational procedures.
- Ability to lead meetings and train employees.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships to gain cross-functional alignment for execution.
- Up to 34 paid days off each year
- 13 paid company holidays
- 12 paid vacation days (accrued monthly)
- 7 paid sick days (56 hours, accrued monthly)
- 2 community service days
- Three Medical plans to choose from with an option to participate in a health screening to earn substantial wellness incentives
- Basic PPO Plan
- Premium PPO Plan
- High Deductible Health Saving Account (HSA) Plan with a company contribution
- New hire benefits coverage begins within a month of your start date: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick Time
- Benefits are available to you, your spouse/domestic partner and your children
- 401(k) company match up to 7.5% with immediate participation and vesting
- Ability to purchase company stock at a 15% discounted price from market value
- Fitness and nutrition reimbursements
- Adoption, fertility and surrogacy assistance
- 10 weeks of Parental Leave (4 weeks paid and 6 weeks unpaid)
- To view all of our great benefits, click here!
* Eligibility for the above benefits may vary based on full-time/part-time status or additional factors.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent communities.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
This job has expired.