The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking an Elastic Architect / DevOps in Denver, CO.
The Elastic Stack/DevOps Architect will provide design, execution, build-out and documentation support for a KAFKA/ELK pilot. The contractor will help develop test cases and performance metrics.
• Developing automated solutions for deploying Elastic stack components (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, Beats) in a repeatable and scalable fashion.
• Working with Ingest and Architecture teams to create deployment roles for all components of the Elastic Stack.
• Working with documentation teams to create deployment guides.
• Monitoring and maintaining Stack and infrastructure performance.
• Comfortable working remotely in a highly distributed team
• Development of demos and proof-of-concepts that highlight the value of the Elastic Stack
• Data modeling, query development and optimization, cluster tuning and scaling with a focus on fast search and analytics at scale
• Technology workshops that include hands-on mentoring, whiteboarding, and solution development
• Solving our customers' most challenging data problems
• Working closely with the Elastic engineering, product management, and support teams to identify feature enhancements, extensions, and product defects
• Engaging with the Elastic Sales team to scope opportunities while assessing technical risks, questions, or concerns
• Mentoring Elastic team members on new technology and solutions
Skills & Requirements
• Active U.S. Federal security clearance - Secret or higher
• Ability to travel in region up to 25% of the time
• Excel at working directly with customers to gather, prioritize, plan and execute solutions to customer business requirements as it relates to our technologies
• Preferred hands-on experience with automating elastic stack features
• Hands-on experience with large distributed systems from an architecture and development perspective
• Proficient in Ansible (Open to Terraform, Chef, Puppet...)
• Familiarity with data streaming technologies such as Kafka, Kinesis, or Azure Stream Analytics
• Great presentation skills with the ability to speak in front of audiences both large and small
• Knowledge of information retrieval and/or analytics domain
• Secret Clearance required
• CompTIA Security+ certification required
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information.