GM is seeking a skilled Electrode Product Engineer to join Chemistry Platform and Electrode Integration team to be responsible for advancing process understanding and leading process improvement efforts related to cathode slurry formulation and electrode coating to attain advanced Li-ion cell electrode development. This candidate will work closely with cross functional team of cell design engineering, technical specialist, scientist, external vendors and technology partners to implement new equipment/machine engineering, to achieve program goals from initial concept to production introduction. The specific activities include, but not limited to support new product introduction, sustaining product process optimizations, and procedures to improve quality, yield, and throughput by performing DOE, process capability evaluations on key parameters, determination of throughput capability, and insuring proper documentation of work instructions. The candidate will also develop, update, and maintain process documentation and control plan for good manufacturing execution and product transfer to other sites. Ideal candidate is a self-starter, with extensive experience in battery technology with a focus on electrode mixing and coating process development.
In this position you will be a fully-qualified contributor who has thorough knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the department. You will possess a broad technical knowledge, training and understanding combined with creative and independent thinking and conceptual ability to related work performed within their department. Promotes GM's values and makes customer-focused decisions.
This position requires sound technical knowledge and expertise related to the functional area of responsibility. You will need prior experience and/or knowledge of mechanical, instrumentation, electronics, testing/driving and fabrication. Translates business objectives to actionable work for the work group. Supports leading new processes and methods in line with departmental goals.
Additional Job Description
- Perform disciplined process engineering studies, process verification, understand & reduce variation, perform DOEs
- Evaluate process data to determine failure modes and identify opportunities to improve
- Contribute to the design and operating specification of mixing and coating processes equipment capable of supporting advanced design, material, and process development initiatives
- Hands on development efforts related to process development, optimization, trouble shooting and corrective action implementation
- Work with manufacturing engineering, product design, and facilities cross functional teams to install and implement a quality control and tracking data base systems to monitor process capability and identify / track history of materials and process settings used to generate prototype design samples
- Assist in technology transfer of process equipment, procedures, and techniques
- Prepare status updates related to development efforts, report and make recommendations as required
- Engage directly with the setup and operation of laboratory and pilot processing equipment in the execution of technology development projects
- Support simultaneous engineering and equipment delivery activities with equipment OEMs to ensure the design of manufacturing equipment and processes satisfy project objectives
- Develop appropriate documentation to support the protection of intellectual property
- Develop and maintain a standard manufacturing Bill-of-Process to enable the replication of state-of-the-art battery cell manufacturing processes on future global manufacturing programs.
- Proficiency in chemical handling and safe lab practices, experience with industrial workplace hazards and corresponding programs.
- Critical activities include process development, yield improvement, troubleshooting, introducing, and qualifying new processes and equipment.
- Support new product introduction and sustaining product process optimizations
- Work effectively with cross functional teams to implement new equipment, fixtures, and procedures to improve quality, yield, uptime, cycle time and throughput
- Assist directly with the transfer of processes and product to pilot and manufacturing lines
- BS or higher in Chemical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years of experience in electrode processing including Mixing and coating
- Experienced with electrode materials characteristics and process needs and challenges
- Ideal candidate is a self-starter, with extensive experience in battery technology with a focus on process development
- Working knowledge of quality system as applied to new product development and manufacturing including: Six Sigma, design of experiments and statistical analysis
- Motivated engineer with excellent time management skills and strong data driven process orientated approach to area of focus
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills combined with the ability to make engineering decisions based available data and experience
- Experience supervising and coaching mixing and coating processes
- Experience in an industrial environment in manufacturing chemicals, batteries, cell, energy systems, or other electrochemical systems
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
• Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
• Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
• Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
• Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
• Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
• Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.Diversity Information
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.
This job has expired.