GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GLOBALFOUNDRIES makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.globalfoundries.com .
Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is seeking a skilled and motivated mid-level electrical technician to develop, implement, and support a new electronic repair center for Fab 9, in Essex Junction, Vermont. This position is being developed to assist in productivity improvements for semiconductor equipment, which is accomplished by enabling higher equipment availability and reduction in spending. This position will require you to generate and execute standard work practices for electronic repair. This person needs to be flexible and dependable in order to meet business demands for talent acquisition and training. This position is in the 200mm factory in Essex Jct., Vermont. This is a normal schedule (5x2) position but will require flexibility across all shifts to obtain the results the fabricator requires.
A successful Fab 9 Electronic Repair - Mid-Level Electrical Technician is self-motivated and must work effectively in a team or individual situations; demonstrates flexibility with regard to assignments, overtime, and work area.
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Develop & Implement Electronic Repair Shop at Fab 9
- Implement Space Planning, Tools and Equipment, Instruments, & Parts Logistics
- Engage with other GF sites to enable a faster learning curve
- Develop Electronic Repair Pipelines & Standard Repair Work through Job Breakdown Sheets
- Develop and implement standards and standard work by utilizing job breakdown sheets and ensure training plans are in place for team members
- Work with Modules to Determine High Leverage Opportunities and turn them into Productivity Results
- Strong communication skills and ability to work within a tightly coupled team.
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
• Education - Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering Technology
• Experience - Min of 3 years
• Travel - 10-%
• Language Fluency - Fluent in English Language - written & verbal
• Physical Capacity Demands -
- Able to work in a cleanroom environment per semiconductor protocol/requirements
- Able to wear all required clean room protective clothing and equipment
• Direct experience working in semiconductor manufacturing
• Direct experience with electronic repair of PCB/Controllers/Robots/Power Supplies
• Strong team player with ability to work well within a global team Benefits:
Eligible for Benefits on Day 1
3 Weeks' Vacation per Year
Paid Sick Time
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
This job has expired.