An empty treadmill isn't compelling, but once someone steps on it, the stories are limitless. Our goal is to connect people emotionally to their fitness journey. We are a global team coming from different cultures and backgrounds with a shared passion to achieve and live our mission of inspiring healthier lives.
Inspire. Innovate. Make an impact and join our team!
The Sourcing Engineer is the primary sourcing point of contact to Technology and NPD Project Teams aligning Life Fitness Products with Supplier Technology Roadmaps.
Sourcing Engineers manage supplier interactions with NPD & Technology by:
- Providing BOM risk assessment analysis, include the need for alternate component sourcing, supply chain risks, etc.
- Reducing complexity across products & platforms (sustaining & NPI), component commonality, supplier rationalization.
- Knowing and communicating sourcing risks early in the development cycle to drive mitigating designs.
- Driving Supplier Evaluation, Selection, Development, Qualification, and Product Launch Ramp-up in line with Commodity Strategies.
- Identifying potential new sources in Technologies where Category Strategies do not yet exist.
- Documenting & managing overall Project Sourcing Strategies.
- Tracking and managing supplied component Quality, Supply Risk, Material Cost, Response / Lead Time, & Technology advancement for the full Bill of Material (for both the new and legacy components).
- Managing and coordinating sourcing project deliverables.
- Ensures full supply chain continuity via supplier capacity management and risk mitigation strategies through the Bill of Materials.
- Lead component sourcing responsibility and provide post launch support for sustaining activities.
- Develop the value stream and ensures component surge capacity is achieved.
- Manage material demands and sourcing within NPD by consulting with Engineering, Product, Planning, and Manufacturing to develop appropriate product introduction plans.
- Identifies raw material, component and related requirements from engineering and production specifications.
- Provide technical evaluations at the supply base level and must be knowledgeable of key/critical components, processes, and technologies.
- Facilitate early supplier involvement technical meetings, effectively document agreements and risks, and drive closure of open action items.
- Be knowledgeable of Commodity Strategies to ensure Supplier Technology Roadmaps are integrated into Product Develop Programs.
- Identifying potential new sources in Technologies where Commodity Strategies do not yet exist.
- Provides input to technology and development core teams with recommendations affecting Design for Supply Chain, Design for Manufacturability and Design for Service.
- Periodically review Life Fitness Product Plans and Technology initiatives to provide early communication to Commodity Management for Supplier Identification & Capability development.
- Lead supplier evaluation, selection, development, qualification, and product launch ramp-up aligned with commodity and technology development strategies.
- Recommends standard costs for new components and assemblies to ensure accurate costing of NPD.
- Work with cross-functional teams (including supplier resources) to drive continuous improvement (quality, efficiencies, cost), root cause and final resolution of supplier related opportunities or issues.
- Project Management and coordination of all Sourcing Project Deliverables (Component Quality, Supply Risk, Cost, Lead-time, and Technology) in support of Product Development initiatives.
- Builds effective relationships both internal and external, and interfaces with senior management as required.
- Ability to manage multiple technologies and priority changes while consistently meeting customer needs
- Influence skills to achieve results across a global organization
- Technical knowledge / background
- Proven communication, leadership, and interpersonal and team building skills
- Project management
- Lean Sigma experience
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering or relevant field.
- Master's in Business Administration.
Want to take the next step in your career?
Life Fitness takes pride in our talented employees and believe in providing opportunities for further growth and advancement. We encourage you to test your strengths, push your limits and unleash your potential.
If you feel the open position you see is right for you, we invite you to apply.
Learn more about us here.
Life Fitness does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Life Fitness and Workday Privacy Policies