This job has expired.
Under the direction of the Director of Employee Relations, this position serves as the primary point of contact for employee relations matters. Role is responsible for developing resolutions to employee relations issues by providing advice, research (including investigations) and guidance to management and employees, while ensuring compliance with policies, and applicable laws and regulations.
• Consult and provide advice, counsel and resolution to employees and managers on a broad range of employee relations matters, including policy interpretation and application, conflict resolution, performance management, progressive discipline, grievance, and termination processes and practices.
• Lead thorough and timely investigations in a manner that respects all concerned while balancing business needs. Documents and communicates recommendations and outcomes as appropriate.
• Reviews and analyzes system-wide employee and operational statistics on HR compliance-related concerns, complaint investigations, grievances, external charges, compliance calls, turnover, and employee engagement to identify trends and areas of potential escalation, and recommends interventions, as appropriate.
• Meets regularly with local HR team to advise of recent employee relations matters and review facility specific analytics. Recognizes patterns and anticipates employee-related issues; Develops, recommends, and initiates appropriate steps for resolution in accordance with policies and procedures.
• Manages employee grievance process, from initiation to closure, including communication, documentation, and tracking.
• Manages employee relations projects or processes, as assigned.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• Human Resources Management
Education equivalent experience:
• or in a related field.
Complexity of Work: This role requires critical thinking skills, effective communication, decisive judgment, and the ability to build and foster positive relationships. The incumbent must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action when required. Work may be conducted at multiple location - must be able to travel locally, as required. Work may take place across various shifts, ability to work the occasional off-shift is required.
Required Work Experience: 3 years experience in Human Resources including experience in conducting complex investigations, conflict resolution, employee relations, and general Human Resources management.
Requires demonstrated ability to build and maintain collaborative relationships across a variety of stakeholders. Demonstrated success in navigating complex organizations and managing competing priorities.
• Bending and Stooping 20.00%
• Climbing 20.00%
• Keyboard Entry 60.00%
• Kneeling 20.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Lifting or Carrying > 75 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
• Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
• Reaching 20.00%
• Repetitive Movement Foot/Leg 20.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 20.00%
• Running 20.00%
• Sitting 40.00%
• Squatting 20.00%
• Standing 40.00%
• Walking 40.00%
• Audible Speech 60.00%
• Hearing Acuity 60.00%
• Depth Perception 60.00%
• Distinguish Color 60.00%
• Seeing - Far 60.00%
• Seeing - Near 60.00%
• Computer Monitor 60.00%
Memorial Healthcare System, consisting of 6 acute care hospitals, a nursing home, outpatient facilities, home health services and physician practices, provides quality, comprehensive care to the residents of the surrounding communities. We invite you to join one of the nation's leading healthcare systems, recognized for use of advanced technology and clinical informatics.
Memorial Support Services provides a variety of business services to support our facilities. The main offices are located in Miramar with satellite offices located throughout our system.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification.
Posted 30 minutes ago
New Hope, Minnesota
Posted 17 minutes ago
West Bend, Wisconsin
Posted 17 minutes ago