Do you want to help communities recover from disasters while working in a dynamic environment for a growing consulting firm? We are one of the nation's leading emergency management and homeland security consulting firms. Known for its public service, innovative thinking, problem-solving, and exceptional people, Hagerty is sought after to work on some of the largest, most complex, crisis and emergency management issues throughout the country. Our services are focused on creating more resilient/sustainable communities, developing comprehensive operational plans, supporting cost recovery after disasters, and obtaining billions of dollars in federal recovery grants and loans.
Hagerty's Preparedness Division supports public and private sector organizations' efforts to become better prepared and more resilient in the face of disasters through planning, training, and exercising. The Preparedness Division's efforts may include implementing capability and risk assessments, community impact analyses, after-action reporting, accreditation support, emergency/crisis management plan development, program implementation, and training and exercises.
To help support our growing portfolio of work, we are looking for a mid-level professional to join the Preparedness Division with a focus on the energy sector. This individual will develop and refine deliverables, coordinate with clients and colleagues, and contribute to energy sector thought leadership and business development efforts with limited supervisory oversight.
Where is this job located? Candidates can be located anywhere in the United States (US). However, candidates must be willing to travel frequently for work.
What you would do:
In this role, candidates must have:
- Support the energy sector and other project initiatives, including planning, training, exercises, assessments, and evaluation activities for infrastructure owners and operators, government agencies, industry stakeholders, and national-level associations.
- Contribute to the development of tools, approaches, and resources to help build and share expertise across projects, geographies, and focus areas.
- Support project management activities by mentoring and coaching direct reports and peers, resource planning, and monitoring compliance with project controls and requirements.
- Contribute to the maturation of the Division's energy service line, including identifying emerging issues and trends where Hagerty may be able to support new and prospective clients.
Candidates might also have:
- More than three (3) years of experience in emergency management, the energy sector, infrastructure resilience/protection, or a related field.
- A Bachelor's degree.
- Knowledge of energy infrastructure basics and energy sector response and coordination mechanisms (e.g., Emergency Support Function #12, Information Sharing and Analysis Centers, Sector Coordinating Councils, US Department of Energy emergency authorities).
- Strong professional written and verbal communication skills.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite products, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Able to remain calm and poised under pressure, work successfully on multiple projects simultaneously, and remain focused when working under tight deadlines.
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.
- An understanding of emergency management concepts and the intersection of energy infrastructure resilience and emergency management.
- Previous experience in consulting or similar advisory services environments is preferred.