Together, we move the world-we've been doing it for over 100 years. At MAHLE, as a leading international development partner and systems supplier to the automotive industry, we pursue the objective of making mobility more efficient, more environmentally friendly, more convenient, and more economical. As part of our dual strategy, we are working both on the intelligent combustion engine for the use of hydrogen and other nonfossil fuels and on technologies for fuel cells and e-mobility.
With more than 72,000 employees, MAHLE generated sales of approximately EUR 9.8 billion in 2020 and is represented in over 30 countries with 160 locations, including 12 major research and development centers. Join our MAHLE team! #StrongerTogether
Your Role & Responsibilities
Your Skills & Strengths
- Provides support to senior engineers in various engine and vehicle performance and emission assignments and projects.
- Monitors engine and / or vehicle performance and emissions metrics and helps assess how they relate to engine design
- Assists engineers in creating test plans and reports
- Assists with engine and / or vehicle mechanical work (as needed)
- Ensures that the raw data sets taken from engine development projects have all necessary parameters needed for subsequent calculations
- Checks that the performance and emissions calculations applied to raw test data are appropriate, correct, and are being completed efficiently
- Plots engine and / or vehicle test data using department plotting tools
- Leverages latest techniques in data collection, data analysis, model development and running scenarios to research trends and identify patterns
- Ensures the appropriate methodology, measurements, tools and quantitative techniques (e.g. data collection, computer simulation, statistics, etc.) are applied in projects
- Assesses performance and emissions data trends with the help of department engineers
- Applies engineering principles and analytical techniques when processing and reviewing performance and emissions test data
- The employee will also be expected to occasionally liaise with suppliers.
- Major in engineering from an accredited university.
- Proven track record of achievements both academically and professionally, cumulative GPA of 3.2 or above
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization and effectively communicate information
- Strong mathematical background
- Excellent at MS Office applications and willingness and quick adaptability to learn new software
- Working knowledge of Matlab, Minitab, SolidWorks, other analytical, statistical and simulation tools is a plus
- Proven ability in working collaboratively across cross-functional and multi-national teams in all organizational levels and delivering results under tight deadlines and fast-paced environment
- Interest in data analysis and result interpretation
- Cognitive thinking, strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills with keen attention to detail
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Desire to work in hands-on lab and applied research environment
In addition to work in a great team, we encourage you to reach your personal potential and through outstanding learning and development opportunities. Exciting assignments and personalized support for your career are available to you.
This job has expired.