Plant Name: Chicago - 101026
Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing large and small metal, plastic, fiber and hybrid packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, beverage, personal care and pharmaceuticals to chemicals, petrochemicals, agrochemicals and paints. Bringing together the very best of its four legacy companies- BWAY, MAUSER Group, NCG and ICS-Mauser Packaging Solutions offers its customers true sustainability at scale.
The Manufacturing Engineer position is accountable for the planning, development, design, and coordination of manufacturing improvements in assigned BWAY facilities. Specific accountabilities include: evaluate manufacturing processes to improve product quality, process efficiencies and machine reliability; improve work flow; validate improvements implemented; preparation of manufacturing process documentation; conduct failure analyses.
- Manage activities of cost reduction projects - write AFE update reports.
- Monitor and improve machine process, develop work instructions and train employees.
- Participate in implementing safety improvements.
- Evaluates and improves manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs.
- Assist in determining root cause and provide corrective action with customer product complaints.
- Participate in projects that support in reducing downtime and scrap.
- Organize, plan and commission new or modified production lines.
- Investigate operational problems affecting production in a systematic and methodical manner.
- Validate implemented manufacturing process improvements to ensure desired results and sustainability.
- Develop appropriate manufacturing process documentation for integration into the company's quality system.
- Provide training to operators, supervisors, managers on new or modified processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering discipline; preferably manufacturing, mechanical or industrial.
- Recent Engineering grad to 2 years' experience in Engineering, Manufacturing, and/or Quality Assurance functions.
- Working knowledge of high volume manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing and quality improvement methods. Lean Manufacturing concepts.
- Desired attainment of nationally recognized certification in manufacturing engineering, such as AME or SME.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work alone, or in a team environment with limited supervision.
- Excellent computer and data analysis skills. Candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. SAP & Data Analysis (such as Minitab) experience a plus.
Mauser Packaging Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.