This job has expired.
Position/Job Title: Enterprise Infrastructure Engineer L3
Work Location: Colorado Springs, CO 80909
Galapagos Federal Systems LLC is looking for an enthusiastic, well-qualified individual to fill the Infrastructure Engineer position which will provide contractor support to perform network development, operations, and management duties in support of classified objectives. Provide the government with recommendations and solutions for implementing programs and projects. The ideal candidate will adhere to DAF, DoD and IC standards and those processes and further defined by the government. The candidate will provide program reviews, schedules, action item updates and required procedures by established deadlines, conduct prompt and in-depth research for policies and processes, apply IT security control requirements to address the level of security required to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of system data and resources. Solutions shall be compatible with system or network hardware and software configurations and shall be approved by the configuration managers of the system and network. Recommendations shall include test plans and procedures to ensure the results support the required goals and capabilities. Understand and develop systems following the Information Assurance (IA) activities consistent with Government Risk Management Framework (RMF) guidance, e.g., NIST SP 800- 53 Rev4, Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG), and extension of existing government furnished classified networks and IA activities for new classified networks.
The Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for conducting information system engineering activities. Information system engineering is a process which captures and refines information networking and processing requirements and ensures the requirements are effectively integrated into information systems through purposeful architecting, design, development, and configuration. The position is an integral part of the development team designing and developing organizational information systems or upgrading legacy systems. Additionally, the position will employ the best practices when implementing technology requirements within an information system including software engineering methodologies, system/security engineering principles, secure design, secure architecture, and secure coding techniques.
Skills / Experience Required
• Minimum of ten years of relevant DoD work experience
• Facilitate engineering design and development of DoD networks and infrastructure. Technical knowledge must include understanding and implementation of cloud and hybrid-cloud systems; NSX-T, VPCs, VPNs, VMs, IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS
• Organizational knowledge and awareness of technical goals, objectives, services, and programs, as well as the individual requirements to meet mission requirements
• Excellent organizational and presentation skills
• Ability to work autonomously and interface easily with team members and senior leadership
• Provide recommendations to senior leadership to help ensure mission success
• Ability to organize, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Capable of conveying complex information in a simplistic manner
• Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Strong self-starter requiring no supervision
• Able to take proactive measures to prevent problems rather than reactive by nature
• Strong verbal and written communication to effectively express concepts, plans, and proposals
• Awareness of U.S. Space Force organizations and echelons of command as it relates to NTSSC customers and stakeholders, programmatic goals and objectives, and mission requirements
Education / Certifications
• Bachelor's degree, relevant work experience computer science, technology, networking, or related fields and training may be considered in lieu of a degree
• Security + certification (current / able to obtain)
• CCNP or CCIE certification
Must be a U.S. Citizen. A high-level Department of Defense (DoD) active security clearance may be required. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to government information.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time and typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have enough mobility, including bending, reaching, and kneeling, to complete daily duties in a prompt and efficient manner and may include lifting thirty (30) pounds, as necessary.
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an SBA Certified NHO (Native Hawaiian Organization) 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects found around the world, our team has innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technological solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget."
Company Employment Statement
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing as positions, functions, and qualifications may vary depending on business needs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.
Brookings, South Dakota
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago