Overview / Responsibilities
Are you looking to start your career in Environmental Geology/Science?
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Entry-Level Environmental Geologist or Scientist who is looking for the following:
- Challenging projects where you learn something new every day,
- A collaborative environment,
- An established environmental firm with a network of highly-skilled geologists, engineers, and scientists, and
- A firm where you are valued and can choose your career path as you learn what excites you.
- You would be a member of a team providing environmental consulting services ranging from site investigations to remediation projects.
The key responsibilities of this position include the following:
Key Responsibilities :
- The ideal candidate is a smart, motivated, and detail-oriented team player who is just starting or is early into their career as a geologist.
- Perform field work following Wood's training program, including subcontractor management, logging soil borings, overseeing groundwater monitoring well installations, and collecting soil, groundwater, surface water, and sediment samples, as well as documenting field activities
- Set up field projects, including permitting; hiring subcontractors; coordinating with staff, laboratories, and subcontractors; and obtaining necessary equipment
- Ensure projects are performed safely
- Perform data review and management
- Draft portions of reports documenting field and other efforts
- Assist the Project Manager and team in ensuring effective client and regulatory agency communication and relations
- Follow company safety standards, site safety standards and provides all required permitting
- Willingness to travel to project sites throughout California and the West Coast
- Maintain a positive attitude and be a team player
Skills / Qualifications
- BS degree in Geology, Environmental Science or other related technical field
- 0 to 3 years related work experience
- Computer proficiency (including Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong technical writing skills
- Demonstrated verbal communication and technical presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with the ability/desire to lead tasks
- Attention to detail
- Willingness to occasionally work more than 8 hours per day when necessary for project success
- Ability to read, interpret and apply information on State and Federal technical guidance, and regulations, and compliance determinations
- Must pass drug test, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Must have a valid, current Driver's License (CA preferred) and must have access to a vehicle for field work purposes
- Coursework in sedimentation/stratigraphy, hydrogeology, and chemistry
- MS degree in Geology, Environmental Science, or other related technical field
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification (if not, Wood will provide)
- Geologist in Training in the State of California
- Field activities may require working in unfavorable weather conditions
- Ability to stoop, kneel, climb, and lift up to 50 pounds
- Working in a standing position for the majority of the field work day
- Ability to drive large pick-up truck
- Ability to use hands to operate field equipment
- Close, distance, and peripheral vision; normal auditory function
- Must complete employment physical demonstrating ability to meet job requirements, including the ability to wear a respirator, as required
- Completion of annual or bi-annual employment physical, as required
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.