Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is currently recruiting Entry-Level Geotechnical / CMT Professionals for geotechnical engineering and construction materials testing projects based in our Charlotte, NC and Asheville, NC offices. These individuals will be part of our Engineered Construction team executing a wide range of projects related to transportation, energy, industrial / commercial, and government sectors. The position will include significant time in the field, away from the office. Field responsibilities may include subsurface investigations such as logging boreholes and other in-situ methods, and observation of various construction activities such as general grading, installation of shallow and deep foundations, instrumentation installation and monitoring, soil-retaining structures, soil-improvement, and concrete placements. The candidate should feel comfortable interacting with clients, construction site personnel, and sub-contractors as a professional representative of Wood.
Our ideal candidate has strong technical capabilities, a commitment to delivering a quality product and is seeking challenging work. Testing certifications (ACI, ICC, etc.) and other certifications are preferred but not required.
- Perform engineering investigations and design support tasks under the direction of senior engineering professionals
- Perform laboratory and field tests according to prescribed procedures, processes, and standards
- Collect soil samples, prepare samples for testing, record data, and prepare summary reports
- Observe and document routine construction operations and write routine field reports
- Assist and observe contractor work on construction projects and interact with client, contractor or subcontractor representatives accordingly
- Perform a variety of non-technical tasks designed to assist others in preparing for and/or conducting office, laboratory or field activities
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering or related degree (MSCE is preferred)
- E.I.T / F.E. preferred
- 0 to 2 years of practical engineering or construction related experience (internship experience considered)
- State-issued driver's license (or immediate ability to receive one)
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Working knowledge of common geotechnical engineering software tools preferred (e.g. SHAKE, Slope/W, L-Pile, A-Pile, SLIDE)
- Working knowledge of common geotechnical laboratory tests and the ability to interpret test data
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.