Ardurra is seeking an Entry Level Water Resources Engineer to join our staff in North Charleston, SC.
This position will be expected to perform a variety of engineering tasks involving design work, research and preparation of designs, drawings, technical specifications, and construction administration of municipal water, wastewater, and stormwater facilities under the direct supervision of a Professional Engineer. May function as Resident Project Representative to observe and review contractor performance against contract specifications. The incumbent must be knowledgeable of applicable engineering theory, methods and practices with the ability to apply sound engineering principles to the solution of routine technical problems.
Requirements Education and Experience Requirements
- Gathers data for engineering analyses through phone contacts, written correspondence, and research sources.
- Performs calculations using engineering formulas and skills.
- Assists in preparation of reports, opinions, and recommendations for the benefit of the Client and the Managing Principals;
- Maintains completed project files.
- Conducts experiments and data collection with emphasis on data integrity, quality control and protocol compliance; utilizes data acquisition/recording equipment and instrumentation.
- Prepares statistical and narrative reports and/or graphs based on outcomes of research, analysis and interpretation of studies.
- Assists with project concept designs and participates in final project design.
- Designs portions of a project under supervision.
- Prepare drawings and specification for proposed projects
- Assists with the research of funding opportunities/grants for clients and prospective clients; maintains data on funding sources and procedures for future reference.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Performs engineering modeling of water, wastewater, and stormwater infrastructure, including treatment systems, conveyance networks, pumping stations, storage devices
- Serves as Resident Project Representative on construction projects observing progress and quality of work, writing daily construction reports, reviewing monthly pay requests, and keeping Owner advised as necessary.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil, Environmental, or other related Engineering from an ABET accredited college
- Entry level position with minimal years of experience. Possessing a Master of Science Degree in Engineering will be credited as experience
- Passed the Engineer in Training or Engineering Intern Exam
- An understanding of drinking water treatment and distribution, wastewater collection and treatment and stormwater conveyance and management principles
- CADD and/or GIS knowledge and experience
- Ability to research and utilize available resources
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - Outlook, Excel and Word
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, with a demonstrated capability to meet project budget and deadline
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong organization skills, and work ethic
- The initiative and ability to take on new projects and other challenges regularly
- Candidate must be self-motivated, able to lead or assist a project team to completion of multiple projects simultaneously
While Ardurra offers competitive compensation and rich benefits programs, it is our culture that truly sets us apart from our peers. We nurture a family-like culture, striving to create a work environment that is enjoyable, challenging and rewarding but also fun. We are acutely focused on developing our staff, whether through our internal Ardurra Academy or through our industry-leading Leadership program. We have made a deliberate and focused commitment to nurture a people-centric culture where people are: valued as individuals; supported in their professional and career development with multiple, varied career paths; provided the tools and resources to be successful, engaged, and satisfied in their work; and positive benefits, time-off programs, and flexibility to help maintain a healthy balance between work and home.
Ardurra is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Ardurra does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Agency Agreement, Ardurra will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. If a resume or candidate is submitted to any hiring manager without a previously signed agreement, Ardurra reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. These candidates will be considered property of Ardurra. We're not currently looking to add any more agencies to our list of approved vendors, so please do not contact any of our managers or recruitment team with sales calls or details of your candidates.Recommended Skills
This job has expired.
- Attention To Detail
- Construction Management