Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Environmental Engineering Lead with a minimum of 15 years of consulting experience to join our Northwest environmental investigation and restoration consulting team and lead our environmental engineering practice.
The ideal candidate will be excited about the opportunity to maintain and grow our remediation and EHS consulting practice in a collegial, collaborative environment, and possess knowledge and technical skills in site investigation and remediation under Federal and State (Oregon, Washington, Alaska, and Idaho) regulations , with a preference for extensive experience with MTCA. Experience with Federal Government (Department of Defense or U.S. EPA) clients along with State/Local government and private sector clients is a plus.
This position will be attached to one of our Portland or Seattle Metro area offices, but with flexible work location including full time remote options, so candidates located outside the Portland or Seattle Metro areas are encouraged to apply. This position will be filled at an Associate, Senior Associate or Principal level, and be required to work effectively with the rest of the NW leadership team.
The Wood Northwest Operation is a multi-disciplinary science and engineering organization that offers the opportunity to work on technically challenging projects for a wide range of clients locally and throughout the US. We are a close-knit team of dedicated professionals working to find solutions for our diverse customer base. Our team of knowledgeable and skilled engineers, geoscientists, chemists, data visualization specialists deliver high quality and technical excellence on complex and diverse local projects, while benefiting from the structure, resources, and opportunities of a large international organization, and we are looking to grow our team in supporting our current workload as well as advancement of our strategic plan and vision.
- Consult for federal, municipal, commercial, and industrial clients on environmental investigation and remediation projects
- Manage complex site investigation and remediation projects
- Provide leadership to environmental science and engineering staff
- Work with project managers and other project staff locally and nationally to support environmental investigation and restoration projects
- Lead and support engineering design and remedial construction work
- Ensure a high level of quality, effectiveness, and efficiency in our work to achieve client and company goals
- Active participation in business development and proposal efforts
- Participate in companywide initiatives and work groups
- Help plan and execute business growth and improvement strategies
- Keep an eye on the future and look for new horizons and services to pursue
Skills / Qualifications
Skills & Qualifications
- Minimum BS in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or a related engineering field required
- 15+ years of experience preferred
- Professional registration in Oregon or Washington is required (with ability to add the other State if missing)
- Demonstrated expertise and success in feasibility evaluation, remedial design, remedial action, and long-term operation & maintenance of remediation systems
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience working under the MTCA regulatory paradigm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and a strong team building orientation
- Consistent and highly accurate project work
- Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate effective organizational skills
- Flexible to work outside of business hours, when necessary
- Proficiency with MS Office: Excel, Word, and Outlook as well as typical engineering software
- Experience with Bentley ProjectWise is a plus
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the company's driving (MVR) policy
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.