Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins laboratories work with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
The Eurofins network of companies is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. It is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. It also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 58,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 54 countries. Eurofins companies offer a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2021, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR 6.72 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
The Analyst I prepares and analyzes environmental samples using standard analytical techniques according to scientific and EPA methodology in compliance with Eurofins Quality Assurance programs and SOP's.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Demonstrates and promotes the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Applies GMP/GLP in all areas of responsibility, as appropriate
- Performs routine lab tasks that provide experience and familiarization with methods, practices, and programs. These include:
- Preparation of samples using standard techniques
- Performing chemical analysis using standard techniques
- Calculating data
- Recording and reporting data and any unusual test occurrences to the supervisor
- Performing routine instrument maintenance
- Responsible for performing job functions in compliance with Eurofins EHS and QA standards
- Responsible for general housekeeping in his/her work area
- Ability to become trained and competent on complex instrumentation including but not limited to gas chromatography, gas chromatography/mass spectrometry, atomic absorption, ICP, and instrument specific data systems.
- Works under close supervision using routine and standard methods
- Aliquots and weighs samples
- Washes glassware
- Conducts all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- BS or BA in Chemistry, Biology or related field
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Ideal Candidates will have:
- Laboratory experience is a plus
- Previous production-oriented work helpful (awareness and ability to meet deadlines)
- Minimum of 16 credits of College Chemistry Courses
- Ability to use calculator/mathematical formulas and concepts
- Ability to complete work within time and quality constraints
- Can work independently following written or verbal instructions
- Cooperate and coordinate both orally and in writing
- Able to follow and learn appropriate protocols in one or more of the following disciplines:
- Organic preparation
- Metals preparation and analysis
- Gas Chromatography
- Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectrometry
- Radio Chemistry
- Wet Chemistry
- High Resolution preparation and analysis
- Low Resolution preparation and analysis
Position is full-time. Work schedule: Analyst can choose either a 1st shift Tuesday - Saturday schedule OR a 2nd shift Monday - Friday schedule, with overtime as needed for either schedule.
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Pittsburgh, PA are encouraged to apply.
As a Eurofins employee, you will become part of a company that has received national recognition as a great place to work. We offer excellent full-time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, life and disability insurance, 401(k) with company match, paid holidays, paid time off, and dental and vision options.To learn more about Eurofins, please explore our website
www.eurofinsus.com.Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.Eurofins Environment Testing Businesses in the US are routinely engaged in Federal Contracts. Federal Government vaccination mandates may apply to staff working in these businesses. Successful applicants may be required to confirm vaccination status or demonstrate eligibility for medical or religious exemptions prior to commencing employment. In addition, certain positions require travel for which vaccination is required in accordance with Eurofins policy.
This job has expired.