It's more than a career, it's a calling.
MO-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis
Cleans patient rooms, offices, classrooms, work areas and public areas as assigned and according to proper processes, procedures and standards. May handle all laundry items by sorting and placing in proper containers according to proper processes, procedures and standards.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Cleans patient rooms, offices, classrooms, work areas and public areas as assigned and according to proper processes, procedures, and standards. May handle all laundry items by sorting and placing in proper containers according to proper processes, procedures, and standards.
- Performs sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, polishing, vacuuming, hard surface floor cleaning, stripping, refinishing and carpet cleaning which may require the use of mechanical equipment. Cleans light fixtures, ceilings, vents, walls, mattresses, furniture, windows, window coverings, and any other items as assigned by the need of the department.
- Cleans and disinfects sterile procedure rooms according to policies, procedures, and standards such as surgery and delivery areas as required by ministry operating standards.
- Adheres to safety precautions, policies, procedures and standards for handling infectious wastes, hazardous materials, waste spills, and exposures. Reports all events as required by ministry documentation standards.
- Replenishes supplies and materials in assigned areas and patient rooms.
- Transports trash, hazardous waste, soiled linen, and recyclable trash to appropriate disposal areas following policies, procedures, and standards.
- May participate in moving furniture, set up chairs, set up tables, break down rooms, etc. May perform routine equipment maintenance, and make minor repairs as requested.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent reaching and gripping.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, climbing, kneeling, squatting, twisting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Rare crawling, sitting and keyboard use/data entry.
Day Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
91310100 Environmental Serv.Scheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
This job has expired.