You're an autonomous, motivated team member that is driven to provide comprehensive solutions in support of customer contracts and services. You've got strong communication skills, and can collaborate with people from all walks of life. You enjoy travel and are up to planning trips to customer locations at the drop of a hat. Customers and colleagues appreciate your ability to build strong relationships, and you understand the importance of great customer service. You take pride in making solid decisions, but you're not afraid to ask for help when needed.
You'll be responsible for supporting environmental solutions for our customers. In addition to customer needs, you have the ability to handle multiple company related items such as continuous improvement initiatives, implementation of new contracts, recycling outlets, reporting and data management, and building long lasting relationships with vendors. You will use your experience and industry contacts to address items effectively and efficiently in a dynamic environment.
Day in the Life
After having your favorite morning beverage and while no day is the same you can expect to:
What you need to apply
- Participate in team huddles every Monday to review the tasks and projects that are assigned to you
- Communicate and follow up with customer requests in a timely matter
- Collaborate with customers (as directed) to establish recycling, reduction and reuse options for waste streams
- Provide accurate reports to external customer and to your project management team at USE
- Support onsite service work including; but not limited to characterization, sampling, shipping and manifesting
- By utilizing your resources, find alternate vendors and treatment methods for waste streams needing more effective treatment or recycling
- Monitor sub-contractor services to ensure regulatory compliance
- Develop business cases for lowering customer and vendor costs
- Cross train with other USE entities and become well versed in US Ecology services to allow for new growth opportunities for our customers
- Conduct site-specific reviews to determine financial well being
- Ability to learn US Ecology's internal propriety software.
- Travel planning as needed (up to 40-50%)* Performs other, related duties as assigned. These are duties which may not be specifically listed in the class specification or position description, but which are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee's class of work.
For your hard work
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred, i.e. Environmental Science
- Total Waste Management/Resource Management experience preferred
- Moderate computer skills (experience with Microsoft Office Suite)
- Experience with Resource Conservation Recovery Act (RCRA), Department of Transportation (DOT), Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA) and other applicable local, state, and federal regulatory bodies
- Ability to work independently with little hands-on supervision
- Ability to communicate through both written and oral medium
- Ability to pass pre-employment background checks and drug screening
- Tuition reimbursement after six months
- Opportunity for professional growth
- Employer paid certifications and training
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k with company match
- Paid Time Off
- Cash Recognition Programs
- Find out more at www.usecology.com
US Ecology is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
This job has expired.