Supports and works with preconstruction/ business development staff in the review of project plans, requirements and specifications. Performs quantity take-offs, pricing, and bidding of construction projects and have extensive knowledge of construction costs and engineering principles. Responsible for comparing and analyzing subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Review project plans, requirements, and specifications.
- Prepare and/or review accurate quantity takeoffs, breakdowns and materials pricing.
- Determine labor and equipment costs.
- Discuss and propose the most proper means and method.
- Review and understand all bid documents and assess project risks.
- Understand project logistics and project schedule.
- Prepare bid packages. Compare and analyze competitive subcontractor and supplier bids.
- Review quotes and estimates with the Project Management Team.
- Prepare estimates at different levels of completion (conceptual, Schematic, DD, CD, etc.)
- Perform certain post-bid buyouts.
- Perform pre-construction duties and meetings with Clients, Owners, Engineers, Subs and Suppliers, and JV Partners.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering or Architecture
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as an Estimator, Sr. Project Manager or similar.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as estimator for major civil projects.
- A minimum of 5 years of construction experience would be a plus.
- Public works sector experience required (Private is a plus).
- Familiarity of all aspects of infrastructure projects
- Recent experience with a large civil/highway contractor
- Strong experience with large civil estimating required
- Recent experience with JV bid settings is a plus.
- Advanced computer skills with estimating software (knowledge of HCSS Heavy bid is a plus)
- Effective presentation skills
- Advanced computers skills with MS Office, Primavera P6
- Knowledge AutoCAD and/or Micro Station is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of construction costs and engineering principles
- Well organized, flexible, detail oriented and multi-tasked.
- Prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines while constantly changing tasks and demands
- Ability to work with other engineers and estimators and be part of a team
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
This job has expired.