Position: ETL/SSIS Database Developer II/III (2 positions open)
** NOTE: The ideal candidate for this open position will have a background in ETL/SSIS, T-SQL, SQL. We are also looking for experience in NoSQL and Hadoop.
** NOTE: Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
Location: 100% Remote in the US
This position is responsible for analyzing, designing, coding, testing, documenting, and supporting new and existing applications. This position is also responsible for preparing specifications from which programs will be written.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Create, maintain, and optimize stored procedures, functions, inline SQL, database structures, and ETL processes to adapt to changes in needs and requirements
- Test coded program routines and makes revisions to eliminate errors
- Review test results with users, completes final program documentation, and obtains approval for changes
- Gather and document business requirements for small and medium projects
- Analyze independently and document impacts of business requests on existing system
- Analyze issues independently and uses judgement to make decisions
- Create and refine system specifications
- Translate detail program specifications for complex problems into coded computer instructions
- Create and maintain processes / programs to adapt to changes in needs and requirements
- Assist in on-the-job training of less experienced programmers
- Provide on call support
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 5+ years of experience with Structured Query Language
- Advanced knowledge with one or more of the following: SSIS, SSMS, SSRS, Informatica
- 1+ years of experience programming in NoSQL
- 1+ years of experience Hadoop
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases
- Demonstrated knowledge of all phases of Software Development Lifecycle
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- Ability to work in an open team environment
- Demonstrates attention to detail, organization, and timeliness in order to meet customer service expectations
- Demonstrates effective problem solving skills
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously with minimal guidance
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to project deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Experience in Python programming desired
- Understanding of data modeling
- Insurance knowledge
- Experience with BI Tools
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.