Job ID: 282301
APAC Central Inc., is a CRH company producing and providing crushed aggregate materials, sand, ready-mix concrete, asphalt, and performing as a regional heavy highway/infrastructure construction firm serving Arkansas, Oklahoma, and southern Missouri. APAC-Central, Inc. and its founding companies have been serving our customers since early in the 20th Century and look forward to continued success in the 21st Century!
The Concrete Finisher position is responsible for performing various duties on construction and/or paving projects in a safety sensitive manner. The employee will generally work in utility capacity by transferring from one task to another where demands are required. The career field for "Concrete Finisher" includes, but may not be limited to, the following positions: Laborer, General Laborer, and Paving Laborer.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the Employee Handbook, appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safety sensitive working procedures and environment.
- Finishes wet surfaces to grade on all types of concrete work requiring a fine finish.
- Requires motions such as stretching, stooping, bending, squatting, lifting, pushing, pulling, twisting, kneeling, throwing, walking, hammering, standing, reaching, rubbing.
- May require lifting of up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Will need to know how to use a float, trowel, screed, template, hand shovel, motorized tamp, push broom or 10' -16' straight edge on extended handle up to fifteen feet long..
- Lift, carry and hold materials, tools and supplies.
- Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or job site. Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree GED is preferred but not required.
- Previous related experience in the construction field a plus.
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as per company policy.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Individuals are required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and/or MSHA. Protective equipment that may be required, but not limited to, for this position is: Face Shield, Safety (hard toe) Shoes and Safety Vest.
- Compliance with all OSHA and/or MSHA regulations.
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and tools involved in construction and paving.
- Ability to read, write and do basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use equipment and tools properly and safely.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb, and use hands.
- The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hand and arms above their shoulders.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 100 lbs. with assistance.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
About CRH Americas
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
APAC Central Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
Date Posted: May 14, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Fayetteville Job Segment:
Construction, Electrical, Labor, Laborer, Engineering, Operations
This job has expired.