This job has expired.
Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
This role is part of Mohawk Industries Work-Based Learning Program (WBLP) andis only open to qualifying students currently enrolled in High School. Students who do NOT need the WBL credit may still apply, but strongly encouraged for those seeking credit in WBL. The WBLP with Mohawk is designed to allow students the ability to learn, develop and build onto their industry related skills within Manufacturing, while completing a High School curriculum.
The EXTRUSION OPERATOR ASSISTANT - WORK BASED LEARNING is a great opportunity for those who have a strong interest in engineering, technical apprenticeship, and manufacturing. Mohawk is the largest manufacturer in the flooring industry and provides many growth opportunities. If you want to grow from within and get exposure to top-level industry - this is for you!
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to work in a team with minimum supervision.
• Must be able to work weekends, holidays, overtime, and shifts as required.
• Must have good safety, work, and attendance record.
• Must be able to lift 20 pounds frequently.
• Must be able to push racks weighing 1200 pounds.
• Must be able to walk, stand, stoop, and bend for extended periods of time.
• Assist with the startup and stop off of assigned line.
• Assist with the repair of broken ends.
• Patrol winders, inspecting for poor quality packages.
• Doff and inspect yarn packages produced on assigned line
• Clean up rejected packages:
o Single ends
o Blow back part packages from assigned line.
• Fill in for operator:
o Operator checking quality (tensile & elongation)
o Operator's personal time (lunch, etc.)
• Perform any miscellaneous duties as required by supervision.
• Immediately report to supervision all safety hazards, accidents, and/or injuries, no matter how slight.
• Obey all safety rules and regulations.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.
Nearest Major Market: Birmingham
*By registering with our site, you agree to our
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted 33 minutes ago
Posted 31 minutes ago