Here at Rehrig Pacific, we are all about our people. Since 1913, our organization has focused on sustainable supply chain solutions while creating a culture and atmosphere where amazing people, like you, are celebrated for doing their best work. Rehrig Pacific has grown to meet the needs of our industry consumers across the country and internationally. We are constantly creating innovative solutions to transcend the new standards set forth by our customers. We find true fulfillment in helping others, both within the Rehrig Pacific family and in our communities. As servant leaders, we lead by example.
The Facility Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for the safe, clean, and efficient function of factory infrastructure and common areas. As a Facility Maintenance Technician, you will create, update, standardize, and sustain Lean Manufacturing principles on facility equipment and supplies to meet the plant improvement metrics.
- Conserves maintenance resources by completing minor repair work and preventative maintenance on pieces of equipment, such as forklifts and scissor lifts, as needed to accomplish job results and ensure zero downtime.
- Conduct safety walks daily and complete daily and monthly facility checklists.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems by finding the root cause and initiating an A3 when necessary.
- Remove and replace defective parts by dismantling devices using hand tools, power tools, and measurement devices.
- Maintain facility equipment parts and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level.
- Maintain a safe, clean, and organized working environment of all internal and external common areas, including snow and ice removal, and storage closet organization, restrooms, and breakrooms, by restocking, organizing, and cleaning on an as scheduled or as needed basis.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related repair work as needed and maintaining continuity by communicating effectively.
- Pickup and deliver needed parts as requested using the company truck as a means of completing outside tasks.
- Complete Workplace Aware and Facility Concern corrections as reported by team members and prioritized by the leadership team.
- Assist the Engineering team in completing continuous improvement projects and upgrades as needed.
- Supervise and manage the building fire suppression system.
- Manage and repair the buildings security system. Follow through with improvements as deemed necessary by the engineering team.
- Maintain the organization and presentation of the outside storage and grounds areas.
- Replace and/or clean smoke detectors and filters in the HVAC air ducts throughout the facility.
- Seek and request training necessary to expand capabilities to continuously add value to the organization.
- Promote mutual respect, keep workplace clean and safe, supports safety programs.
- Demonstrate a proactive approach to improvement by generating new ideas and acting on opportunities.
- Mechanical, electrical, and plumbing ability.
- Ability to read hydraulic, electrical, and mechanical prints.
- Works independently, accepts accountability, handles change, stays focused under pressure, and meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
- Understands duties and responsibilities, has necessary job knowledge, and necessary technical skills.
- Prioritizes well, shows energy, instills urgency in others, and meets deadlines.
- Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team to meet goals, and promotes a team atmosphere.
- Communicates well both verbally and in writing, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Good driving record
Rehrig Pacific Company is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also here.
This job has expired.