Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Your Work Shapes the World
Whether it be groundbreaking products, best in class solutions or creating a lifelong career, you can do the work that matters at Caterpillar. With a 95-year legacy of quality and innovation and 150 locations in countries around the world, your impact spans the globe.
When you join Caterpillar, you join a team of makers, innovators, and doers. We are the people who roll up our sleeves and do the work to build a better world. We don't just talk about progress and innovation. We make it happen. And we are proud of that, because it helps our customers build and power the world we live in - the roads, hospitals, homes, and infrastructure. Without a dedicated workforce Caterpillar could not effectively meet our customers' needs.
We are currently looking for a Factory Manager to lead operations at our Victoria, TX facility. This leadership role will ensure the Hydraulic Excavators and Large Wheel Loaders manufactured at the facility are safely shipped on time, at the right cost and at the level of quality Caterpillar customers expect.
Reporting directly to the Facility Manager, this role guides a team who partner together and work with their respective teams to ensure the facility is meeting, and exceeding, PQVC (People, Quality, Velocity and Cost) target measures:
To be successful in this role, you must bring (Basic qualifications):
- People: Drive positive change to maintain and improve safety of the facility. Build and maintain a culture of inclusion and diversity across all teams to drive the best results from Caterpillar's number 1 asset.
- Quality: Drive quality by leveraging Lean concepts and compliance mindset to improve processes.
- Velocity: Drive meeting OPD (Order Promise Date) to customers, delivering on the commitments and make the value flow in the facility to get products out the door.
- Cost: Manage the variable cost per hour and period costs associated with plant operations. Drive efficiency ratios, motivate, train and engage the team within cost targets.
Top candidates will also bring:
- Significant experience as a cross functional leader in manufacturing operations.
- Strong human relations skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field along with experience in manufacturing operations
- Experience with Lean methodology in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with project management
- Demonstrated ability to lead diverse talent by identifying strengths and opportunities for growth of each member
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally and build consensus on difficult issues, working with various internal teams (including technical) to execute on requirements, and surface and mitigate risks to delivery
Relocation assistance is
available for this position
ISE is not
available for this position
Sponsorship is not
available for this position. How we support you (Employee benefits)
Our goal at Caterpillar is for you to have a rewarding career including the potential to advance your career into operations leadership and other advanced manufacturing positions. We offer a total rewards package that provides day one benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, RX, and 401K) along with the potential of a very generous yearly bonus. Additional benefits include paid vacations and paid holidays (Prorated based on hire date). Safety is a top priority at Caterpillar, we provide all necessary personal protective equipment: steel toe boots, safety glasses, hearing protection, uniform shirts, etc. The Power of Everyone
At Caterpillar, we believe each person is unique and valued, and are committed to ensuring that our workplace is diverse and representative of the many customers we serve around the globe. Different perspectives help us achieve our best work and come together to form a high-performing Caterpillar team that makes positive changes in the communities where we live and work. Final details
Please frequently check the e-mail associated with your application include the junk slash spam folder, as this is a primary correspondence method. If you wish to know the status of your application, please use the candidate login on our career website as it will reflect any updates to your status
This employer is not currently hiring foreign national applicants that require or will require sponsorship tied to a specific employer, such as H, L, TN, F, J, E, O. As a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website at www.caterpillar.com/careers
Relocation is available for this position.
EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - Including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities - are encouraged to apply.
Not ready to apply? Submit your information to our Talent Network here .
This job has expired.