- The pay rate for this position is $21.00 per hour based on experience and geographic location.
- This position falls under the U.S. Department of Labor Service Contract Act (SCA). In addition to hourly pay, a Health and Welfare stipend of $4.80 per hour will be provided for up to 40 hours per week.
- You are also eligible to receive pay for up to 10 holidays and annual vacation time payout, as well as access to an employee discount program.
- Travel time and mileage is fully reimbursable.
Field Interviewers are responsible for
- Making in-person contact with selected respondents to discuss the study, answer questions and obtain participation
- Collecting confidential information and administering standardized questionnaires
- Independently managing administrative duties, including participating in conference calls and completing online trainings
- Approach selected households without a prior appointment
- Be able to work and drive after dark
- Virtually attend scheduled group meetings
- Attend weekly scheduled calls with the Field Supervisor
RTI International is seeking Part-Time Field Interviewers to work on the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), a government-sponsored research study that has been conducted since 1971. This important study provides up-to-date information on alcohol, tobacco, drug use, mental health and other health-related issues in the United States.
As a field interviewer you will contact selected households and communicate the importance of participating in NSDUH. Successful field interviewers need to be self-motivated, outgoing, and able to work a variable schedule working when respondents are likely at home. The ideal candidate is someone looking for a long-term career, passionate about the health and well-being of their community, and does not want to work in an office.
For more details on NSDUH please visit:
Minimum Required Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be at least 21 years old at time of employment
- Possess effective communication skills through speech and listening, and fluency in English through reading, writing, and speaking
- Able to successfully complete training
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable personal automobile available for business use
- Able to keep project information confidential.
Preferred Qualifications for Ideal Candidates
- Positive, self-motivated, curious, and enjoy interacting with people from culturally-diverse backgrounds
- Effective time, schedule, and workload management skills to meet set deadlines
- Computer skills, namely email and internet proficiency
- Maintain regular access to a computer and password-protected wireless internet connection in your home for data transmissions, required system updates to project equipment, and completion of administrative tasks
- Be comfortable working in unfamiliar areas
- The data collection period is expected to begin in July 2023.
- This is a part-time position. On average, you will be needed part-time approximately 25 hours per week when work is available.
- On average, you should be available to work in the field 4 days each week.
- The majority of this work is anticipated to be during evenings and weekends.
- Each of your trips to the field are expected to be at least 5 hours long
All new hires are required to successfully complete a paid virtual training program. Training requirements include:
- Completion of pre-training courses
- Attend a 5 day virtual training. Each training day will consist of: 4 hours of instructor-led live training via zoom, 2-3 hours of independently completed tasks including online courses, 2 hours live zoom assistance provided after class for those wanting or requiring extra help.
- Following training you must complete and pass a certification demonstrating your ability to complete a NSDUH interview
Pittsburg, PA and Springfield/Broomall areas
RTI International will accommodate our job application procedures for disabled veterans and other qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability that affects the use of our online application system, or if you otherwise need accommodation in connection with the recruiting process due to a disability, please CLICK HERE for information on how to contact us to request an accommodation.
RTI International is an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition. Clients rely on us to answer questions that demand an objective and multidisciplinary approach--one that integrates expertise across the social and laboratory sciences, engineering, and international development. We believe in the promise of science, and we are inspired every day to deliver on that promise for the good of people, communities, and businesses around the world. For more information, visit www.rti.org.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.
For USA Job Postings Only: RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be found at https://www.rti.org/careers.
For San Francisco, CA USA Job Postings Only: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Further information is available here.
This job has expired.