Responsible for conducting analysis required to find appropriate solutions to business problems through application of technology. The position performs trouble shooting, application administration, system reviews, process, workflow and procedure analysis in association with business units and Information Services. Uses requirements gathering methods to identify, validate, organize, document, and communicate requirements. Performs systems analysis and research of business unit requests for reports, data, and application functionality changes.
RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS:
- Interacts with staff of various business units within the enterprise to conduct business analysis of problem to be solved; clearly documents business need and change management documents.
- Triage and work issues, system enhancements, testing, and systems implementations
- Assists with the identification of solution alternatives and communicates with other areas of the business and Information Systems as the advantages and disadvantages of each alternative are reviewed and a solution recommendation is made in collaboration with the appropriate business unit(s).
- Analyzes issues related to systems or data, identifies problems and documents specific business, data or system requirements.
- Completes change requests between business units, development, testing, quality control, and vendor management in coordinating information for proposed system enhancements or data changes and delivers to system implementation
- Works with team to determine test approach and to translate requirements into test plans and test cases.
- Responsible for validating technical changes for quality where system testing is not required
- Coordinates and facilitates execution of user acceptance testing.
- Works with various partners to determine system impacts, dependencies or additional requirements.
- Provide complete Business, Functional and Technical Requirements documentation that can be signed off Business Unit subject matter experts and key decision makers.
- Ability to learn and understand data flow and system integrations to assist with troubleshooting software
- Develop and deliver appropriate documentation targeted to meet the needs of a variety of staff members
- Facilitate meetings and requirements gathering utilizing various collaborative communication methods, such as teleconferencing, video conferencing and webinars
- Assists team with estimates on requested system modifications or new system initiatives.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and manage multiple priorities and ensure on time delivery
- Maintains up-to-date technical and practical knowledge and understanding of systems analysis, system testing, and corporate internal processes and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Prepares status and management reports as required
- Works closely and in combination with Developers, Test Analysts, and Systems Support Technicians
- May perform basic configuration changes in business systems and support data validation and system testing.
- Basic knowledge of finance processes
- Support the strategy, development and ongoing management of system workflows
- Performs peer reviews for system configuration ensuring conformity to standards and quality.
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Information Systems, Data Management, and/or Computer Science. Combinations of relevant education and significant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree. Experience:
With proper education credentials, one year of experience providing information technology solutions to business problems Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
- Working knowledge of IS applications, interfaces, network services, and software development.
- Knowledge of business problem analysis methods, and/or statistical analysis capabilities.
- Ability to facilitate gathering of needs from individuals/departments and transform them into IS specifications.
- Strong analytical skills and business knowledge to troubleshoot, investigate, analyze and make recommendations of creative information technology solutions.
- Technical skills and proficiency to execute ad hoc queries for analysis and problem solving.
- Ability to exchange factual and technical information with management, technicians and customers clearly and concisely.
- Ability to be innovative, creative when presented with roadblocks.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to author documentation that will result in the factual exchange of technical information with management, architects, engineers and customers in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to make competent decisions on such matters as technological problems, workflow, scheduling, testing processes and procedures.
- Ability to comprehend the consequences of various problem situations and address them or refer them for appropriate decision-making.
- Advanced proficiency in the use of software specific to position.
- Excellent technical and functional writing skills
- Ability to utilize various collaborative communication methods, such as teleconferencing, video conferencing and webinars
- Intermediate interpersonal skills.
- Understand the need for, and display, a strong sense of urgency while maintaining a high level of quality.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards. Minimal travel required.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
This job has expired.