~This is a remote opportunity~
Cradlepoint is seeking an embedded firmware Engineer that can develop features encompassing all layers of the embedded world - from bootloaders, to Linux kernel, userspace libraries and services, and the UI. In this position, you will get a chance to work with a talented team on making our next generation routers perform at industry leading speeds.
- Working with Linux kernel on drivers for new hardware, kernel modules to implement new features, and upgrades with code from SoC vendors
- Working with U-Boot on initial board power-up activities
- Working with various CPU architectures (arm, arm64, mips, x86) in turn-on activities and performance
- Working with various communication buses (MDIO, PCIe, UART, USB, I2C, SPI, SDIO)
- Working with various networking protocols to deliver typical features of a router as well as new and innovative solutions (802.11, Ethernet, IP, L2 switching, L3 forwarding/routing/tunneling, VLAN, Q-in-Q, Link Aggregation, STP, BGP, OSPF, RSTP, LLDP, TCP/UDP, etc)
- Working with various elements of toolchain to fix bugs, improve performance, and bring in new features (UCLIBC, GCC, BINUTILS, etc)
- Working with various source control management systems (GIT, GitLab, Gerrit, Yocto, quilt)
- Debug problems using protocol analyzers, oscilloscopes, JTAG debugger, network traffic generators, IPerf, etc)
- Creating new services that use the kernel infrastructure to expose new features to the user (GPS, GPIOs, serial, network accelerators, networking features, and many more)
- Utilize software development skills to design, code, and implement new router features
- Coordinate with different departments and multiple teams to determine software needs
- Requirements gathering and feature definition: plan, scope, and document requirements for feature or projects
- Document development and create unit tests, work with automated test framework to create integration tests and regression tests
- Experience in Linux or Unix kernel, driver, or application programming is critical
- Strong experience in C programming and debugging skills on embedded platform is critical
- Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills are essential
- Ability to contribute in a small team environment and deliver quality firmware on schedule
- Familiarity with 802.11-based wireless LAN protocols and routing a plus
- BS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
Cradlepoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, age, sexual orientation, handicap, disability, or any other protected class status pursuant to applicable law.
This job has expired.