Foremen supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in construction, installation and repair of structures and fixtures. Foremen must work within a precise standard of accuracy with safety as a top priority. Rating information using standards which can be measured or checked and understanding flat drawings or pictures are necessary in this field along with following oral and written directions, plans, and blueprints. Foremen report to their direct Supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED CERTIFICATIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with Project Managers, Site Supervisor, Client Representative, other contractors, etc.
- Determine sequence of activities concerned with fabrication, assembly and erection. Plan work ahead and assure that resources are available for next day and next week's work. Prioritize, schedule and communicate plans and tasks to crew members.
- Make proper selections of building materials to conform to project requirements and building codes.
- Assigns workers to tasks, explain the work and supervise the execution of the work. Monitor work performance and productivity of crew members to ensure customer specifications, procedures, safety requirements, etc. are maintained.
- Inspects work performed by staff and subcontractors to ensure conformance with specifications.
- Train new workers in the use of equipment and tools and in safety.
- Maintain accurate time and material records and complete client paperwork as required.
- Maintain accurate time sheets and daily reports.
- Advise superintendents and/or project management of potential problems, work interferences, schedule difficulties, etc.; assist in circumventing/resolving such problems as required.
- Follows company policy and procedure and enforces safety regulations.
- Exercise proper care, maintenance and operation of company equipment.
- Works harmoniously, cooperatively and courteously with others at all times.
- Performs trade and miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as required.
- Supervises and coordinates the work of the Equipment Operators, Truck Drivers and Laborers on the job site
- Minimum 5 years' experience in building construction trades
- High School Diploma or equivalent and additional specialized training equal to a master craft designation
- Valid Driver's License
- Safety Certifications
- DOT Medical Examiner's Certificate