Martin Marietta is currently looking for a Foreman to supervise operation activities at our North Indianapolis Quarry. This would include plant production, plant maintenance and mobile equipment at our surface aggregate facility.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Competencies Ethical Conduct Teamwork Leadership Decision Making High Sense of Urgency Drive for Results Relationship Building Attention to Detail AnalyticalSupervisory Responsibility
- Responsible for training and development of team, scheduling, performance management and effective leadership of the hourly workforce
- Successfully implement the Company's safety and environmental processes
- Successfully lead and manage to established production, safety and environmental objectives and metrics
- Be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Be proficient on PC, including MS Office, Aggflow and similar programs
- Be a positive leader within the team
- Other duties as assigned.
This position will supervise up to 15 direct reports.Work Environment
This job operates frequently in an operations and maintenance environment in an underground mine location. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position which may require long hours and weekend work.Travel
Occasional travel will be required. Required Education and Experience
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or equivalent experience
- Previous experience in aggregate operations
- Previous supervisory experience in a mining environment
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable)
- 2+ years' experience in aggregate operations
- Minimum 1-year supervisory experience in a mining environment
Not applicableAAP/EEO Statement
Martin Marietta will provide equal opportunities to all employees and all applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, marital status, United States military veteran's status, or mental or physical disability or any other characteristic protected by law. Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.