Operate powered industrial Forklifts to load and unload materials and deliveries. Move materials to and from storage areas, machines, assembly lines, and loading docks. Work in a fast pace environment and support the daily forklift needs of the department.
Competencies and Abilities
- Must be able to understand and apply basic directions with regard to safety procedures, quality standards, production goals, and company rules, regulations and processes.
- Understands and follows all safe operating practices of forklift operation.
- Properly load and unload various packaging, finished goods and materials in order to keep manufacturing stocked with parts and to move finished goods to Shipping.
- Moving goods packed on pallets, in crates or bins around the facility.
- Stacking goods in the correct storage bays, following inventory control instructions.
- Checking loads are secure and properly tag. Wrapping and tagging materials where/when required.
- Performing daily equipment checks such as recharging the truck’s battery and water levels.
- Removing machine attachments and scrap material from machines.
- Examining products to verify proper materials are supplied to manufacturing.
- Checks assigned aisles in warehouse to ensure cleanliness and organization.
- Deliver, load, and unload materials in a timely matter.
- Work in a cross functional environment: supporting all departments when needed.
Required Education and Experience
- Must be a self-starter.
- Must be able to multi task.
- Able to follow detailed instructions, processes and procedures.
- Identify defects in product being and communicate deficiencies to the appropriate person.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Good math, language and reading skills; basic computer skills may be required
- High degree of attention required to prevent injury to others; promote a safe work environment
- Follow instructions for operating equipment and keeping records
- Execute assignments in an accurate, timely and safe manner
- Maintain a clean & safe environment
- May be required to useRF scanner gun
- Clean driving record and a valid state motor vehicle operator’s license may be required
- Forklift certification per OSHA standards
- Able to follow detailed instructions, understand processes and procedures.
- Regularly sitting on a powered industrial truck
- Frequently lift to 50 pounds and adjust body position to bend, stoop, stand, walk, turn, pivot, and stand for long periods of time
- Having a good sense of balance
- Having good eye-hand-foot coordination
- Ability to assess weights and judge distances and heights
- Abilityto work in varying temperatures, depending upon season
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. Work Environment
Office environment is a controlled atmosphere building, as well as a manufacturing environment exposed to
dust, odors, and noise.
This job has expired.