At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Asahi Kasei Plastics North America where our products are used in a wide array of molding applications including automotive, consumer, electronics, furniture, and industrial parts and they provide excellent solutions for pressure vessels.
Asahi Kasei Plastics North America, Inc.
The forklift operator is assigned to specific shifts and is accountable for moving finished product, raw materials and packaging within the 900 facility, shipping materials out of the 900 Facility and receiving/shipping materials in and out of the 810 facility, as well as handling packaging and recycled dunnage. The Technician will need to understand the role and responsibility at both facilities to give flexibility to align staffing with business needs. This role will be responsible for auxillary activities such as; packaging material from the packout bins, operating the bagging line and operating the transloading equipment. The technician will also be required to work with SAP to ship and receive materials to ensure inventory is accurate.
- Load and unload trucks.
- Fill Gaylords and Supersacks with the line line 1 and 2 packout station
- Operate the bag line
- Operate the transloading equipment
- Operate the stretch wrapping machine
- Repackage customer samples
- Handle shipping and receiving paperwork.
- Enter movement of materials into SAP
- Store and move materials
- Safely Operate fork lifts, packaging equipment, labeling tools.
- Coordinate material movements with third party logistics companies
- Pack overseas shipping containers
- Assist in the follow up on customer complaints, participate in root cause investigations.
- Labeling, repackaging, sorting and recycling materials throughout the operations area.
- General housekeeping and light maintenance.
- Working under the direction of senior employees to move, weigh, mix, and stage materials.
(Education, Experience, Licensures, and Certifications)
- Minimum requirement is High School Diploma or G.E.D. Post-Secondary education
- Must be able to be certified for forklift driving. (Company certifies on-the-job).
- Must be able to work Afternoons 4pm-Midnight with occasional weekend shift capability
Work Environment / Physical Demands / Travel
- Ability to analyze data, manipulate spreadsheets, comfortable working with SAP is a must.
- Ability to coach and train employees is highly desired.
- A good interpersonal skill to manage multifaceted communications with customers, internal partners and third party logistics carriers is required.
- Experience operating a Fork Lift
About Asahi Kasei Plastics North America, Inc.
- Standing and walking continuously
- Sitting and operating a forklift for extended periods of time.
- Lifts/Carries 20 - 50 Lbs. frequently
- Lifts/Carries 50 - 100 Lbs. with assistance occasionally
- Reaching and bending frequently
- Pushes/pulls occasionally
- Working out doors in all environments
Asahi Kasei Plastics is a leading manufacturer of innovative, high performance, engineered polymers and chemically coupled polypropylene resins in North America. Our company encourages a dynamic employee culture focused on the pursuit of innovation. We challenge our employees to have fun and work hard when finding and making solutions for tomorrow's polymers.
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.