Position: Fueling Operator/Driver Apprentice
Location: Albany, NY
What We Are Looking For
Are you ready to begin your career as a NOCO Fuels Driver and commit to the successful completion of a CDL program? NOCO will cover all costs associated with the training program and provide you with a career path as a commercial driver!
The Fueling Operator/Driver Apprentice will assist the Fuels Driver with safely delivering fuel loads. This position trains to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle providing service to customers in their respective Line of Business (LOB) while working alongside a knowledgeable NOCO Driver Trainer. The employee will continue in the apprentice role until all training requirements are completed and they have passed the CDL licensing exam and road test.
What You Will Do
What You Will Need
- Assist with loading, securing, transporting, delivering, and unloading gasoline, oil and propane products to and from specified destinations.
- Verify load against shipping papers and accurately deliver required products as dispatched.
- Perform and exhibit dedication to safety on streets, highways, customer sites, and construction sites.
- Operate within all industry, OSHA, DOT and company safety rules and policies.
- Provide a distinguishably different level of service through courteous interactions with all customers and provide service in a timely manner; exhibits a positive attitude towards company and company.
- Assist Driver with following route assignments and completing end-of-day documentation and all assigned company and federally mandated paperwork accurately.
- Attend and participates in all scheduled training programs and meetings as required by NOCO or Manager.
- Notify Dispatch immediately of any customer requests, service interruptions, incidents, accidents, property damage, or unsafe situations.
- Always exhibit an ability to be observant and aware of surroundings and demonstrate an ability to use problem-solving skills.
- Assist driver with all maneuvers while on route.
- Participate in training and other learning opportunities to expand knowledge of the company, products, sales and services and performs any other duties needed to help drive our vision, fulfill our mission, and/or abide by our core values.
What We Offer
- High school education or equivalent
- Must pass background and drug testing
- Valid NY driver's license
- Clean driving record
- Ability to pass DOT physical
- Ability to maintain basic logs and records
- Ability to carry out a series of instructions with minimal supervision
- Able to communicate effectively in order to take instructions from Dispatcher, co-workers, and customers
- Must be competent at math to verify quantities and volumes
- Must be able to read and understand road signs, instructions, routes and other paperwork
- Able to remain professional and courteous at all times
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds at a time
- Pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds at a time
- Generous medical insurance offerings
- Dental and vision plans
- Company-paid life insurance
- Company-paid short-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Health savings accounts
- Vacation and NOCO Time
- Employee and family assistance program
- Company-paid training
- Safety incentives
- Years of service incentives
- Company provided uniforms and PPE
- Boot allowance (twice per year)
- Employee discounts
This job has expired.