Position: Fuels Operations Manager
Location: Lima, NY
What We Are Looking For
The Operations Manager is responsible for the overall performance of an assigned location. This manager is responsible for the general direction and close supervision of the employees involved in safely delivering fuel, propane, gasoline, and any other products. This position is also responsible for various operational functions, including property management, inventory control, warehousing, and working with internal groups such as billing, accounts payables and accounts receivable.
What You Will Do
- Ensure adherence to all accident prevention programs and lead operations to comply with all DOT, safety, environmental, operating, regulatory, and other standards.
- Serve as a positive and professional representative of the company to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Establish productivity goals; ensure adherence to operating standards, and manage labor hours and disposal expenses per established and agreed plans.
- Lead drivers to exceed productivity goals and expectations for all routes.
- Use routing optimization to create, modify and improve routes to maximize density and improve efficiency.
- Execute other operational plans to help achieve or exceed the division's budgeted goals.
- Provide service to all customers that meet or exceed customer expectations regarding the entire customer experience.
- Resolve unusual service requests, equipment breakdowns and schedule changes with timely communications to all stakeholders.
- Interact with customers to solve and rectify any issues and improve the overall customer experience.
- Work with the Sales team to identify new sales opportunities and address customer needs.
- Responsible for all on-call emergency and supply calls.
- Work with dispatch to maintain adequate fuel supply for both retail and delivery.
- Fill in as required on operations needs as dictated by seasonal, emergency and weather constraints.
- Maintain a positive work environment by behaving and communicating professionally. Promote a positive relationship with customers, vendors, coworkers and supervisors. Work as a team player, helping to meet department and company goals and objectives.
- Responsible for general supervision of staff and development; this includes but is not limited to establishing staffing levels, scheduling, training, written evaluations, spot checks on quality, payroll and additional pay incentives.
- Supervise all fuel and propane drivers.
- Oversee the delivery department to ensure the best use of vehicles and personnel.
- Work with corporate Human Resources to build and develop talent on the team, understand employees' career goals and provide coaching to get employees ready for advancement.
- Supervise and manage performance; ensure tasks are appropriately delegated and completed by monitoring performance and holding employees accountable for meeting expectations.
- Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to senior team members. Ensure that managers hold their teams accountable with feedback to team members, deliver corrective action and discipline when necessary, and document all performance issues.
- Ensure employees adhere to company policies and legal regulations and engage HR when appropriate. Actively support all corporate policies and standard operating procedures.
- Manage conflict and crisis; proactively anticipate, manage, and constructively resolve disputes and disagreements.
- Ensure conformance of DOT Regulations
- Understand, provide leadership, and communicate safety goals and objectives.
- Orient, train, and coach all team members on safety requirements, ensure safety compliance and take appropriate action to address safety violations.
- Establish and maintain a clean, safe work environment complying with company and OSHA standards and perform monthly safety inspections, as assigned.
- Follow company policies to report and investigate all accidents and near-miss incidents. Perform root cause analysis and address performance and related discipline issues, as appropriate.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the company's discretion. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What You Will Need
- High School Diploma or GED required Advanced Degree preferred
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience in transportation, logistics, or petroleum operations
- Must have a high-energy, creative approach to problem-solving, strong analytical skills, and be a team player with solid leadership skills
- Must possess exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to coach and mentor team members
- Ability to interface effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Excellent verbal communication skills both one-on-one and in speaking before a group
- Strength in initiative-taking and a demonstrated track record in proactively identifying improvement opportunities and acting upon them
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks demanding immediate attention and to juggle multiple, ongoing, concurrent responsibilities
- Ability to work efficiently and maximize productivity
- Commitment to integrity and ethical behavior and the proven ability to maintain confidentiality
- Competency in Microsoft Office
This job has expired.