Full Stack Engineer - REMOTE
Why you want to work at Flexion:
We're looking for a Full Stack Engineer with an unwavering passion for designing meaningful, easy-to-use applications. Most of the work we do is on large-scale, enterprise-wide systems (both commercial and government)-this project in particular will help ensure water quality for the United States.
At Flexion (an agile software company that's been delivering excellence for over 24 years), our company culture is built on autonomy, trust, and transparency. We empower teams to remain self-sufficient and self-directed by hiring people who can solve complex problems through collaboration-this means lending a hand and flexing your multi-skilled muscles (research, content, business analysis, information architecture, etc.) as needed. Every member within a cross-functional team is a leader who takes responsibility for the entire team's success, which mirrors the company's overall flat structure.
What the job looks like:
You'll be responsible for developing customer-focused applications that help improve water quality and reporting capabilities. You will work as part of a high performance team.
Why we want to hire you:
You are passionate about software development and you can design small pieces as you go, while still thinking about how they fit into the whole. You welcome change as a positive thing (instead of viewing it as "rework") and never look at anything you deliver as "final." You understand when "good enough" really IS good enough, without ever compromising on the overall product quality.
- 7+ years of software engineering experience
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science or a related field
- Self-motivated with strong communication skills
- Passion for learning new technologies and the ability to do so quickly
- Ability to write high-quality code efficiently
- Experience with agile application development
At Flexion, we live by these principles:
- Experience with some or all of the following:
- Microservices using Docker, AWS Lambda, and AWS Step Functions
- DevOps experience with CloudFormation scripts and JenkinsCI jobs, GitLab runners/Artifactory/Rundeck/Docker Hub/other 3rd party tools, and building apps using the AWS CDK (cloud development kit)
- AWS PostgreSQL RDS, AWS Redshift, and S3
- AWS services such as SNS, SQS, Athena
- Agile development
- Test-driven development
- Continuous integration/deployment
- Speak openly and honestly with your colleagues and clients about problems and proposed solutions
- Welcome and handle changing requirements and priorities with little or no warning
- Collaborate online in small groups about 50% of the time
- Encourage simple and minimal solutions that keep options open
- Expect and vocally advocate for quality first
- Learn new practices and techniques as the situation demands
- Ensure the teams develop demonstrable software every week or two
- Do what needs to be done to deliver the product or project without ego or attitude
- Dig deep to find the root causes of problems so we can create the right solutions
- Relentlessly improve yourself, your team, and your processes
811 E. Washington Ave., Suite 400, Madison, WIPosition Type
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at 608-205-8868 for assistance.